Can Dallas come out of the west ?

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
If they don't win the Central, they play either Colorado or Winnipeg in the first round. If they do win the Central, odds are they play the defending champs or Nashville. With Nashville finding their game, there is no easy out in the West.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Sure they can. I can't think of a clear favorite in the west, and consider Dallas one of the upper tier candidates to come out.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
That top 9 is absolutely ridiculous. + the Harley/Heiskanen duo and that’s some serious firepower. Scary. Definitely one of the top contenders.

Reactions: olli

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Sure they can. I can't think of a clear favorite in the west, and consider Dallas one of the upper tier candidates to come out.

Yup. Very hard to separate between any of COL/VGK/VAN/WIN/DAL/EDM. Then you’ve got the LAK and NSH who both could also make some noise. I can’t remember the last time I saw a conference this loaded and formidable 1-8.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
As mentioned earlier it depends entirely on Oettinger. He's in the midst of a brutal season, not sure if he's still got a lingering injury or what the deal is but it's been tough to watch. It's a testament to Dallas's depth up front that they've managed to keep pace with Colorado and Winnipeg, with that goalie tandem.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
From just having watched teams play the Canes, the Dallas Stars are for us the hardest team to play. They are especially well disciplined defensively. Their forwards commit. They have lots of talent at forward. Oettinger may be a wild card but he has the ability to be a top 5 goalie in the league, at least for short stretches. That new Harley kid is a gem. I really dig the heavy game they play. They're my pick to win the championship.

I think the best teams in the league are

Florida
Dallas
Hurricanes
Colorado
Rangers

in that order.

pekka55

Dec 21, 2023
Anything can happen in the playoffs. We've seen great teams lose in the 1st round, so who knows?

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Probably the best forward group in the league, a true #1 D man, a pretty good D group behind him and a goalie - while struggling at times - has shown the ability to be elite. They absolutely can make it out, but only one team can and the odds are so against everyone.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
The Stars have looked like a contender against the rangers. Despite that I will be rooting for them - if they meet the rangers in the final I will attend a game in Dallas with my best friend and his hockey-mad kids (that is my influence 😁)

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Everyone spent most of the season waiting for Oettinger to revert to his previous stellar form, but it hasn't happened yet. I think they're really concerned about the goaltending in Dallas. Otherwise, this is a top contender, but no one overcomes bad goaltending in the playoffs.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Dallas is a top team in the league while having a ho-hum season. If they up their performance for the playoffs I think they have an amazing chance.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
They were my top contender in the west before the deadline, now I'm not sure they're stronger than Vegas or Colorado. Oettinger's season is reason for concern but if he puts it together they can realistically beat anyone

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
If they don't win the Central, they play either Colorado or Winnipeg in the first round. If they do win the Central, odds are they play the defending champs or Nashville. With Nashville finding their game, there is no easy out in the West.
LA has enter the room .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad