Speculation: Can Caps weaponize their capspace?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
That's not true, I don't think. Since it's his second time on the list he doesn't count against the cap.
He counts agsinst the cap of $83.5M but under LTIR rules his space, if you expect him out for season, operates as a line of credit the caps can use to acquire a cap dump or do a pass thr retention.

you can’t do tat if you expect him to return in say mid march. With retrntion you still have to watch about rollover cap overages thst could hit next season

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
He’s on LTIR so thry can use players against it.

That's not true, I don't think. Since it's his second time on the list he doesn't count against the cap.

He counts agsinst the cap of $83.5M but under LTIR rules his space, if you expect him out for season, operates as a line of credit the caps can use to acquire a cap dump or do a pass thr retention.

you can’t do tat if you expect him to return in say mid march. With retrntion you still have to watch about rollover cap overages thst could hit next season

Kuznetsov isn’t listed on LTIR. As far as I can tell he’s suspended without pay in stage 2 or higher of the Player Assistance Program.

He will have no pay (other than a small living stipend) and no cap hit until his active treatment in the program is completed.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

archangel2

May 19, 2019
We get this thread as we get near the deadline every year. I forget who were the last few teams the threads were about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad