Can anyone deny the VAN/EDM series has been the best?

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
They were 4-0 against the Oilers in the reg season and people gave them the advantage because of it, at least from what I remember. But it could have come from biased sources, I don't really remember clearly.

Definitely not, the ESPN group was 23/24 for Edmonton, basically everyone saw the Canucks getting smoked

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
ITs entertaining but its bad hockey. So much sloppy awful play by both teams. Most of the goals are just unlucky deflections or bad goaltending.

Reactions: dukeofjive

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
This has been an interesting series from the perspective of a Pacific Division fan, but not the most interesting second round series. IMHO, this series would not have been close had Demko been healthy, and only Demko and DeSmith going out has made it interesting.

If the Canucks go all the way, Silovs will be mentioned for the Conn Smythe. The funny thing is that Silovs didn't even merit an honorable mention pre-season as one of the top 5 Canucks goalies -- Who Is The Backup Goaltender For The Vancouver Canucks | StatMuse

Watching JT Miller neutralize McDavid has been something. Watching Pickard clearly outplay Skinner has been something too.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
As a sabres fan I am starting to get why Westerns HATE TO media. even though the Oiler/Canuck games have been great... Canadian National Media still needs to talk about the leafs EVERYDAY
Honestly it's not as big of a deal anymore. Luckily in Edmonton we have an independent sports radio station that fired up, so that in itself is massive.

But even without it, there are just so many podcasts and websites now that if you are truly made at TO media it's your own fault for listening to them.

Use to watch Sportscenter religiously, but it was getting tiring. Now with options there is zero need to tune into it.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I can deny anything if I try hard enough.
giphy (5).gif

• Haha
Reactions: hangman005

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
Both teams either look like all stars or like chickens with there heads cut off.

But what makes this series great entertainment is the salty comments from both sides.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
On ice the Rangers Canes and Bruins Panthers have been more interesting.

For those of us with too much time on the internet reading the whinging from Oilers and Canucks fans makes it more enjoyable.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
It's been a good series. A bit sloppy at times from both teams which makes the games nailbiters

I don't think either team can move past the WCF.. but maybe if they Canucks finish off my fav team and get Demko back, they'll have a chance.
If Vancouver gets Colorado, I can definitely see a path to them winning. Especially if Demko returns.

Not as much faith against Dallas. But Dallas would have all of the pressure on them. They are in cup or bust mode. Sometimes that can ruin a team.

I would also say that this series will likely be 10 times better than the Stanley Cup final.
That's been the case for the past several years.

2018 SCF was a dog
2019 went 7 but there were too many blowouts
2020-2021 were bad
2022 was ok.
2023 was terrible

If you get two evenly matched teams like Dallas-Cats for instance, I think it could be great.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
They were 4-0 against the Oilers in the reg season and people gave them the advantage because of it, at least from what I remember. But it could have come from biased sources, I don't really remember clearly.
Yeah, no, that's not the case at all, from what I recall. Almost everyone recognized how meaningless that regular season record was (most of it happened before Edmonton got good). Edmonton was the favorite at the time simply due to how both teams were playing at the time on top of Vancouver being down to their third string goalie (who at the time was more of a question-mark). Most people also didn't take much stock into the Nashville series because both teams looked questionable in it, while Edmonton's dominant special teams at the time looked like it was going to be impossible for Vancouver to overcome.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
If Vancouver gets Colorado, I can definitely see a path to them winning. Especially if Demko returns.

Not as much faith against Dallas. But Dallas would have all of the pressure on them. They are in cup or bust mode. Sometimes that can ruin a team.

That's been the case for the past several years.

2018 SCF was a dog
2019 went 7 but there were too many blowouts
2020-2021 were bad
2022 was ok.
2023 was terrible

If you get two evenly matched teams like Dallas-Cats for instance, I think it could be great.
If Demko is healthy and EP plays like he did last night, I'd go into the WCF very confident.

Just have to win one more over the long weekend here, still a long way to go.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'll tell you this this series has given me a cardio workout sitting on sofa eating chips and yelling at screen !! Every game has been a bounce away from going the other way and nobody has been out of any game at any time. Now that's playoff hockey as it should be 2 teams giving it everything they have.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Need one more Canucks win for it to be the best lol. All the series all have been pretty good to be honest a couple of bad games like game 2 and 3 of the Bos-Fla and game 5 of the Col-Dal but for the most part games have been entertaining. In comparison they NHLs second round has been miles better than the NBAs.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Canucks have been the betting underdogs in every single game this round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad