OT: Camping near Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Hi guys, I was hoping people here could point me in the right direction.

Some friends and I want to go camping near Toronto in July. We want a place that's not too far from the city, since we want to go catch a couple of Jays games while there.

A place on the water is obviously ideal. I know the Sandbanks is supposed to be great, but I'd like to have a few other options to look into.

Thanks a lot!

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto

Some friends and I want to go camping near Toronto in July. We want a place that's not too far from the city, since we want to go catch a couple of Jays games while there.

A place on the water is obviously ideal. I know the Sandbanks is supposed to be great, but I'd like to have a few other options to look into.

Thanks a lot!
Just pitch a tent down in the Don Valley. Cops don't move anybody out of there.

Calacatz

Jacked!
Aug 10, 2005
Join Jake Gardiner at the top of the hash marks.. Camps there steady while the puck is down low..

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012

Thanks a lot!

There is one place in Toronto you can camp legally, it's called glenrouge campcrounds located on the rouge valley park, it's on the Far East side of the city, south of steeles but North of the 401, actually it rides the Toronto-Pickering border. You can call 1-855-811-0111 to book a tent site on those grounds, also if it helps the camp site is on the rouge river,granted I doubt you would want to swim there lol.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
There is one place in Toronto you can camp legally, it's called glenrouge campcrounds located on the rouge valley park, it's on the Far East side of the city, south of steeles but North of the 401, actually it rides the Toronto-Pickering border. You can call 1-855-811-0111 to book a tent site on those grounds, also if it helps the camp site is on the rouge river,granted I doubt you would want to swim there lol.

Haha is it that bad to swim?

I remember going camping near Toronto in 2005. I wish I remembered where since the place was nice, and the water was decent, I think.

It doesn't have to actually be in the city, but ideally no more than an hour away... and keeping in mind that I'll be coming from Montreal, so if anything, if it's to the east of the city that would be preferable.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This is not a topic for a Leafs hockey forum .. Sorry

Anyone that would like to respond can do so can do it via PM to OP.

/Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad