Speculation: Cammalleri Possible Extension

JulianHopper*

I don't think there is much chance any of those guys, especially Coda making the team next year.

You would hope there is one ace in the hole there somewhere though.

I believe though that it's tough finding that hidden gem these days, just the way the game is and the players are developed. It's tough to miss obviously talented players and that's why they get picked early.

Scouting has to be top notch to be able to pick out these players in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

ReNeGaDe87

Comfortably Numb
Jun 10, 2012
Burkeville AB
were garunteed a top pick in this years draft, proabbly a top pick in next years draft, dealing our best players to make us worse could set us back even further. I would like to see:
Cammy resigned
Stemps traded for a 2nd
Wideman traded for a 1st
Russell resigned
Berra resigned

I'm not sure what I want to happen to Butler, hes played decent for us but not good enough to bring anything of value back in a trade

Throw $$ at Callahan or pull a burkie on NYR for him

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
were garunteed a top pick in this years draft, proabbly a top pick in next years draft, dealing our best players to make us worse could set us back even further. I would like to see:
Cammy resigned
Stemps traded for a 2nd
Wideman traded for a 1st
Russell resigned
Berra resigned

I'm not sure what I want to happen to Butler, hes played decent for us but not good enough to bring anything of value back in a trade

Throw $$ at Callahan or pull a burkie on NYR for him

I fully expect Burke to throw the bank at Callahan should he make it to free agency.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Cammy resigned
Stemps traded for a 2nd
Wideman traded for a 1st
Russell resigned
Berra resigned

I doubt Wideman gets moved at the deadline.

He's got another 3 years left (after this season) on a hefty contract. Not many contenders would want to (or even could) fit that in.

Deadline deals are usually for expiring contracts.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012

He's got another 3 years left (after this season) on a hefty contract. Not many contenders would want to (or even could) fit that in.

Burke and ownership are looking at salary retention to increase value. They are very committed to spending to the cap if it makes sense now and in the future.

Trae

Calgary
I don't think Cammy will want to stay in Calgary, I believe he'd prefer a trade so. But if true, its nice to know Burke is asking for a 1st and prospect. I don't think Cammy is worth that personally, but I'm hoping Burke makes if happen.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Burke and ownership are looking at salary retention to increase value. They are very committed to spending to the cap if it makes sense now and in the future.

You ignored my point, that players like Wideman with large continuing contracts are not attractive to teams looking to upgrade at the deadline.

Teams who are already to the cap aren't likely to want to get stuck paying Wideman $5.25M over the next 3 years.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
You ignored my point, that players like Wideman with large continuing contracts are not attractive to teams looking to upgrade at the deadline.

Teams who are already to the cap aren't likely to want to get stuck paying Wideman $5.25M over the next 3 years.

His point was that Wideman's cap hit could be as low as 2.675 AAV if the Flames retain salary.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
His point was that Wideman's cap hit could be as low as 2.675 AAV if the Flames retain salary.

While Burke said they're exploring the option of retaining salary, I think it probably applies to the UFA's with big contracts, more so than contracts extending beyond this year. Given managements past stance on retaining/buyouts, it would be really hard to believe they'd pay a player for 3 years, on another team.

ReNeGaDe87

Comfortably Numb
Jun 10, 2012
Burkeville AB

I am also not banking on Wideman getting dealt, but with the signing of Russell I can see something happening on our backend especially with Sieloff and Cundari in the system. Wideman could fetch a lofty return in my eyes

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I am also not banking on Wideman getting dealt, but with the signing of Russell I can see something happening on our backend especially with Sieloff and Cundari in the system. Wideman could fetch a lofty return in my eyes

Did I miss something? Did he actually get signed?

AfricanHerbsman

May 4, 2010
Hudler > Cammy.

Would much rather have Hudler on and off the ice for this rebuild.

I am not a fan of Cammy and I have never been. He is more fragile and people have this idea that he plays physical despite his size. He plays almost the same game as Hudler, but I like Hudler more based on attitude and team first attitude.

I really hope he is traded.

Ya plus cammy doesn't want to be here and hudler is leading our team in plenty of offensive categories. Trade cammy and let him go back east where he wants to be. I'd rather get anything then let him just walk in free agency. Because he doesn't want to sign here. Watch him in interviews totally disinterested and terrible responses. I mean he's not the greatest interview period but at least make it look like you have some interest in being here

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

Cundari is terrible and Sieloff is incredibly young, has spent most of the season injured, and is in no way ready for the NHL. If Russell is signed that just means the Flames have four actual top-4 defencemen for next season. If they get rid of one of them, they're back to 3 top-4 defencemen.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Please no...

Guessing nobody wanted to pay the price Burke wanted. If it's more than one year, I'll be pissed.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I heard Russell is close to signing to. Okay I'm fine if we keep Cammy, but then deal Hudler for a kings ransom. Please don't keep both.

Just a thought, maybe Cammy knows the Flames will give him the money he's looking for. Also, we know he loves the city.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
i know we need vets to fill this team still but someone has to go

Stemp and Butler are so good as gone I guess

All I ever wanted was Russel. I'm starting to think the Feaster firing probably should've waited until the off season

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I'm fine with keeping Cammy. His new contract will likely be better value and increase his value for next season. As long as we move out a couple vets like Stempniak or maybe Hudler while his value is high, I'm happy.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If they can get a 1st or high 2nd then trade him

If not, resigning him is not the worse thing ever

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: