Player Discussion: Cameron Schilling

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I am requesting assessment on how his game has been this year and does he have ANY realistic chance of a call up? He is #10 probably on the depth chart behind Melchiori, however, he leads the league in +/-. At 29 his opportunity to actually get into the NHL is declining. Any assessments would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
He is probably 9th on the depth chart right I would imagine. He gets the nice 200K AHL salary for being a vet. Not a bad life

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
- The POOLMAN is the obvious 1 st Call up.

- Then history shows its Melchiori next...

- I wouldn't mind Schilling getting the call b4 Melchiori. Schilling has been great for the Moose this year and I would like to see the Jets sign him up for next year...

Niku has impressed me this year, but I see him getting his N.H.L. break next year

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
He is a 29 year old All Star who is UFA. I doubt he gets called up.

Sorry my math was out for some weird reason. With the Jets defense core being so deep I only see his only opportunity being in 2018 or 2019 as Niku is going to compete for a spot next year as I imagine they will move on from Enstrom due to the options with prospects. The other thing that works to his advantage is that he is a LHD but so is Niku.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
He is having his best season ever. If the Jets were to miss the playoffs I could see him getting a game in garbage time just to keep stringing him along. That wont happen this year though. Jets may try to resign him for a depth D but being UFA he may get a better opportunity elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad