News Article: Cam Ward Retires

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Neither will I. Kruger was a warrior, and played 8 years of his career here, and was an integral part to the Hawks winning Cups. He's deserving of a "farewell" thread from the Hawks. Cam Ward played 30 games in a single season, while ripping off the Hawks, when he should have retired the year prior. That's deserving of a retirement thread?
Casual fans don't understand.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Best of luck to Cam moving forward. Through his whole career, he never really returned to that Calder Trophy, Conn Smythe form from 2006, but nonetheless he retires with a Stanley Cup ring and a bigger hardware case than most people can boast.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Neither will I. Kruger was a warrior, and played 8 years of his career here, and was an integral part to the Hawks winning Cups. He's deserving of a "farewell" thread from the Hawks fans here. Cam Ward played 30 games in a single season, while ripping off the Hawks, when he should have retired the year prior. That's deserving of a retirement thread? Come on.
I'm in agreement that not everyone deserves an appreciation thread. You convinced me that Cam wasn't too good last year. That said, I think you're being a bit too harsh. Our defense sucked too. Last year proved Crow is still very good when healthy. Ward and Delia proved that they can't consistently carry a crappy blue line ... and on some nights, badly exposed.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
This thread went about as well as Wards season did. :sarcasm:

But seriously, he seems like a solid dude so all the best. Having a rough day at work today so retirement at 35 sounds great right about now.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad