Cam Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Is he going to stick with the Hawks this year? And if so, what kind of ice time can you expect?

Also, rank these defenseman in terms of points over the next 4 years:

- Eminger
- Barker
- Meszaros

Transported Upstater

bump

I also wonder what's going on with Barker...

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
TransportedUpstater said:
bump

I also wonder what's going on with Barker...
bump, I'd like to hear as well.

On a side note Meszaros looks brilliant in Ottawa, Calgary may have a solid core of young-ish defenders, but I still wish they would have stayed at 19th and grabbed him in '04.

Transported Upstater

kruezer said:
bump, I'd like to hear as well.

On a side note Meszaros looks brilliant in Ottawa, Calgary may have a solid core of young-ish defenders, but I still wish they would have stayed at 19th and grabbed him in '04.

That would have just been unfair :D

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Barker looked good early in camp, but towards the end of the preseason he was starting to look a little nervous out there.

He also has yet to show that he can carry the puck in the NHL. He has an extremely sneaky wrist shot, and has that knack of having it make it through to the goalie.

Moves the puck extremely well.

Has to work on his defensive game and using his size. He is a big kid, but really seemed tentative to use it against established NHLr's.

Anyway he is going to have a great future...

I won't bother comparing him to a bunch of other kids who aren't established. Its pointless.

-fullmetalninja

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
fullmetalninja said:
Barker looked good early in camp, but towards the end of the preseason he was starting to look a little nervous out there.

He also has yet to show that he can carry the puck in the NHL. He has an extremely sneaky wrist shot, and has that knack of having it make it through to the goalie.

Moves the puck extremely well.

Has to work on his defensive game and using his size. He is a big kid, but really seemed tentative to use it against established NHLr's.

Anyway he is going to have a great future...

I won't bother comparing him to a bunch of other kids who aren't established. Its pointless.

-fullmetalninja

Is Barker still up with the Hawks? I haven't seen anything saying he's been sent back yet, but he hasn't even played a game yet (that I'm aware of). Seems a waste to have him sit in the press box. If he is still there, do you know when he's coming back to Medicine Hat?

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
He's been a healthy scratch in every game. Yawney said he is likely to get a start on the current road trip. He is going back to MH as Seabrook and Keith have played well.

Seabrook is extremely underrated. That kid is a player.

-fullmetalninja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland