Prospect Info: Calle Odelius, LD, 65th Overall

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Djurgardens IF has become the premier prospect development team in all of Europe and this year is no different. In defenceman Calle Odelius, they have produced another gem. Odelius bounced around a number of teams/leagues this season, both in the Djurgardens system and with the Swedish National Teams. He was successful at nearly every level. He spent most of his season in the J20 league. Odelius put up seven goals and 30 points in 43 games. He also added two assists in six playoff games as Djurgardens made the league final. He also played in four playoff games at the Under-18 level. Odelius picked up a goal and three points and helped the team win the championship. Over the season, his play earned him an SHL call-up where he appeared in seven games.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
1657296834856.png

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I'm going with Oleddyus, because that's who he sounds like as a player.

Reactions: SI90

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Raty and Odelius complete the return from the Toews trade. Not bad. Will be interesting years from now how this deal is looked upon. Having 2 young prospects like these, you have to think this deal stands a good chance of looking better and better.
Sorry Winter, I hate to be “that guy.” But technically the Raty pick was originally Edmonton’s and came to the Islanders via Detroit in the Leddy trade.

The 2021 Colorado pick I’m pretty sure went with Ladd to Arizona.

Good news is anything the Isles draft via Edmonton is practically a cheat code to success! :sarcasm:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Sorry Winter, I hate to be “that guy.” But technically the Raty pick was originally Edmonton’s and came to the Islanders via Detroit in the Leddy trade.

Good news is anything the Isles draft via Edmonton is practically a cheat code to success! :sarcasm:
Yep, you are correct. They moved the 60 pick, kept the 52. And luckily we had 2 2nds, don't think Raty would have lasted to 60.

Reactions: CupHolders

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022

It basically became janis moser on the coyotes, but to me it's raty, just won't be remembered as such.

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
Great pick btw at #65 since I fully expected to get Trikozov or Sykora, but at least he was around. Could've been far worse if he wasn't around btw. Isles got much more depth on LD now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad