Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 2

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
This game is a lot better than MW2019 and MW2 2022 but that isn't saying much. I find it really hard to have fun when I can barely see anyone, the spawns are terrible, and everybody is sliding and jumping around like they're on stimulants. If I wanted to play a movement shooter I would load up Titanfall 2 or Splitgate, not Modern Warfare lol. Really strange decision to include that stuff in a game that is trying to appeal to fans of the older games. I may pick it up later on sale just for the nostalgia of playing the old maps but I cancelled my preorder.
I played Cold War when it was put on PS+. First time playing CoD since like Black Ops 2. The jumping and sliding shit is unbearable. I played for a while thinking I'd get used to it, but it was obnoxious the whole time.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I played Cold War when it was put on PS+. First time playing CoD since like Black Ops 2. The jumping and sliding shit is unbearable. I played for a while thinking I'd get used to it, but it was obnoxious the whole time.
lol I used to play BOCW core with melee and Semtex only.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
lol I used to play BOCW core with melee and Semtex only.

I also hated melee, special weapons like the cross bow, and quick scoping snipers. I know they have to make them viable or else there's no reason to put them in the game, but I'd rather them not be in the game.

The last straw was when I spawned in the crosshairs of a zoomed in sniper rifle.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I also hated melee, special weapons like the cross bow, and quick scoping snipers. I know they have to make them viable or else there's no reason to put them in the game, but I'd rather them not be in the game.

The last straw was when I spawned in the crosshairs of a zoomed in sniper rifle.
Melee was awesome because the average dumb player camped in the same spots and/or used their sniper as a close quarters weapons.

I ate them all for breakfast.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I watched the campaign last night. The way they handled the story and particularly the ending is painfully bad and borderline disrespectful to the original MW trilogy lol

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
All these bad reviews has me wondering if I should even bother .. lol

Campaign has never been all that important to me, that said I did play and complete the past two releases.. If anything I think this is just another example of how this was never meant to be more than add-on DLC..

Reactions: Smelling Salt

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm sad they didn't have the guts to pull something as controversial in the campaign as No Russian back in the day.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm sad they didn't have the guts to pull something as controversial in the campaign as No Russian back in the day.
Homer Simpson can’t even choke Bart anymore. Pop culture has no balls so we’re not going to see anything meaningful/impactful for a while IMO.

Not hearing great things about this one sadly. Was hoping to hop back into the series.

Reactions: John Price

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Homer Simpson can’t even choke Bart anymore. Pop culture has no balls so we’re not going to see anything meaningful/impactful for a while IMO.

Not hearing great things about this one sadly. Was hoping to hop back into the series.
Yeah not that I was expecting it either. I was actually a bit surprised when they kept that mission in the game when they released the remastered campaign a few years ago.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Well, finished the campaign. Didn't really care much for the way you have to acquire weapons in the missions. I know they want to give you a bit of exposure to everything, but I've always just wanted to have my own load out in campaign. Sure, provide some parameters based on the mission, but why should I have to scavenge for a suppressed weapon when you're dropping me in solo? Also, very short. Could be done in a day if you don't have anything going on.

Still two more days until I can try out the multiplayer, but I'm not expecting much different than MW2. Whole thing feels more like an expansion pack.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Got to play about 10 games. TTK/hit-reg feels very inconsistent. Most of the games I played in TDM/DOM/KC were camp-fests. Not digging it so far..

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I played 2 games tonight, Terminal was awesome. Not sure what other maps they have but would be nice to have brought back Dome and Village if they aren't already in there. I'm playing on PS4, on a 55 inch 4K TV with an HDMI 2.1 cable, my eyes are not great anymore and I struggle reading the text on the menus.

Hope to play more once I get the kids to bed, but pretty excited to play some of the former maps i liked.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I played 2 games tonight, Terminal was awesome. Not sure what other maps they have but would be nice to have brought back Dome and Village if they aren't already in there. I'm playing on PS4, on a 55 inch 4K TV with an HDMI 2.1 cable, my eyes are not great anymore and I struggle reading the text on the menus.

Hope to play more once I get the kids to bed, but pretty excited to play some of the former maps i liked.
Apparently they’re brining more old maps back from other past games over the course of the next couple of years.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
How’s zombies? Is there traditional round based zombies or is it all open world/mission stuff? The nostalgia is strong with this one, but I’m wondering if it wears off if zombies will be enough to keep me entertained long enough to get my money’s worth.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
TTK/Hit detection is broken right now. I literally can’t play it because it’s so frustrating. I feel like I’m dumping half of a mag into someone and Im still dying despite getting the jump on them.

Reactions: MAHJ71

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
The campaign was an absolute joke, but the multiplayer is honestly the best I think it's been in years. Mainly because the OG MW2 had the best collection of maps the game has seen. But also the matchmaking overall is way better, and map voting solves a lot of issues.

Like, the last game was an absolute abomination because there was no voting or vetoing a map. Alboran Hatchery, Black Gold, and Border Crossing were highly hated/frequently backed out of maps, which means there was always an open lobby with one of those maps. So you pretty much got f***ed into those maps every other game.

My biggest bitch about this game is the way they've nerfed claymores. They're essentially useless now. If I'm playing hardcore and you're not dying from a claymore, what the f*** is the point?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad