Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 2

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
TTK/Hit detection is broken right now. I literally can’t play it because it’s so frustrating. I feel like I’m dumping half of a mag into someone and Im still dying despite getting the jump on them.
It sounds like a bad combination of the body damage profiles they have in the game right now combined with too much lag compensation.

If you're a 20 pinger going up against a similarly skilled 40-60+ pinger, you're in for a bad time at the moment.

Reactions: MAHJ71

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This whole game was originally planned as a DLC for MW2, and they decided to make it into an independent release. Similar to Ubisoft with AC: Mirage.

This is price of COVID for the companies that put out full games in the midst of the pandemic. It was the pre-production and design of the NEXT game that took the hit.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I want to play it and I enjoyed the beta for the most part, but I'm struggling to justify this pricetag. And this daily challenge armory system to unlock basic stuff is insanely dumb. I'll probably get it eventually, but I don't feel the need to get it right now.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Am I just bad or are the battle rifles and marksman rifles underpowered? I’m pretty efficient with a trusty M13B or M4, but trying to level of the BAS-B has been kinda miserable. I can usually get two shots on target before they get to cover, which means I wind up with nothing. Since I haven’t found any new weapons I care about, I feel like I’m playing MW2 with new maps.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It's beating a dead horse at this point but I still hate SBMM so much. I basically play with two friends of mine, one who is significantly better than me and one who is significantly worse. Someone is having an awful time if we want to play together no matter what. Solution? Being in the same party chat, with everyone playing in their own lobbies...

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Well I'm getting my butt handed to me in the first two days so far. Not much different than the beta though tbh haha.

Definitely need the Covert Sneakers and Ghost, cause I am pretty sure I am one of the very few players with footstep audio and probably one of the few players to appear on UAV in most of my lobbies.

Reactions: tucker3434

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
It's beating a dead horse at this point but I still hate SBMM so much. I basically play with two friends of mine, one who is significantly better than me and one who is significantly worse. Someone is having an awful time if we want to play together no matter what. Solution? Being in the same party chat, with everyone playing in their own lobbies...
Yup, its why I absolutely refuse to play another COD that has this level of SBMM.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Ok now that I have spent a week with the game, I think it's quite good. Better than the recents like MW, MWII and Vanguard. I really liked Cold War. It might surpass it but we will see how the new maps are that come out each season. I don't mind the old maps, but some are not made for the cracked out movements used now. I haven't even played Karachi yet. And Quarry I've only played once.

While it can be argued this is DLC, it's well done DLC and a great improvement on MWII.

Good:

Gunplay is crazy fun
Movement
Cleaned up visuals from the beta have really improved the game's looks
TTK
The MWII Moshpit playlist
The return of detailed weapon stats
Afghan, Skid Row, Highrise, Scrapyard

Mid:

Armoury unlock system
Gear/Gloves/Vests/Boots loadout stuff
Definite need of tweaks to make more guns viable
Invasion, Rundown, Sub Base, Terminal, Underpass, Favela

Bad:

The SBMM/EOMM is offensive
COD HQ still sucks ass
Level cap is lame. Miss the prestige system
Covert Sneakers may need a nerf, or the Headset a buff because it doesn't help counter the sneakers at all. Everyone who has Covert Sneakers uses them
The amount of attachments can be absolutely insane
Rust, Derail, Estate, Wasteland and Quarry

Last edited:

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Extremely poorly made game. The multiplayer maps are just the old 2009 MW maps for some reason and the campaign is pretty much just pieces of the warzone maps with objectives slapped on it. Pretty lazy effort for the price tag. The story is absolute ass as well.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Extremely poorly made game. The multiplayer maps are just the old 2009 MW maps for some reason and the campaign is pretty much just pieces of the warzone maps with objectives slapped on it. Pretty lazy effort for the price tag. The story is absolute ass as well.

This is what COD has been the last 5-10 years.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Apparently Sledgehammer has told some content creators they are going to address matchmaking in some capacity. Who knows what that means. It would be nice if they toned down the obvious SBMM/EOMM match rigging. It seems especially bad at the moment because every match I am in is a blowout. There are no close matches. It's wild.

I remember after about 7 days of playing I checked my stats. My w/l was 76 and 76 and my K/D was 0.99. Nope, nothing fishy at all lmao.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

"Improvements" lol. You've managed to maximize microtransactions with EOMM so I'll give you props for that, but your algorithm has nothing to do with the quality of player experience, and everything to do with $$$.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Apparently Sledgehammer has told some content creators they are going to address matchmaking in some capacity. Who knows what that means. It would be nice if they toned down the obvious SBMM/EOMM match rigging. It seems especially bad at the moment because every match I am in is a blowout. There are no close matches. It's wild.

I remember after about 7 days of playing I checked my stats. My w/l was 76 and 76 and my K/D was 0.99. Nope, nothing fishy at all lmao.
Same stats.

As much as I like the game play itself, the matchmaking has prevented me from fully enjoying this game. Sometimes you log in and it feels like every lobby is cracked out. Easy win or absolute sh*t sandwich… no in-between and usually the sandwich.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
New Warzone feels like a slightly bigger resurgence and tbh I’m not a fan. Loved the first two versions of Warzone too. All I’ve played the last 2-3 years tbh but the newest version is just garbagio so far

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
New Warzone feels like a slightly bigger resurgence and tbh I’m not a fan. Loved the first two versions of Warzone too. All I’ve played the last 2-3 years tbh but the newest version is just garbagio so far
I haven't tried the new WZ map yet, but I am still really enjoying multiplayer. Meat and Greece were great adds.

Reactions: KapG

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
As a casual player with a .9-1 KD, SBMM ruins the fun. A couple good games and suddenly I'm getting stomped by meta using sweatlords. Haven't purchased MW3 yet but I'd like to play the Zombies mode so I'll pick it up 2nd hand whenever I see a cheap enough disc.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You just need to git gud, it's a skill issue.

As i have been told 46 times.

Coming off playing Street Fighter 6 where the game's SBMM actually does its job and matches you against someone at your skill level, COD is a joke. Probably also why SF6 is the first non smash fighting game to hold a legitimate playerbase given it still cracks 20k on steam 6 months after launch alongside a thriving community on PS5/Xbox thanks to crossplay while COD seems to be actually finally declining.

First fighting game i've also taken serious-ish (went from rookie rank to plat 5 and i actually feel like i'm learning things given i understand shit like blockstrings, counter hits and a somewhat more intermediate way of looking at frame data)

You learn nothing with this game's setup. Outside of which gun to eat, sleep and beat off to and a false sense of superiority because you sure showed all those evil "pubstompers" what for by playing your piece of shit artificial, algorithm dictated "game"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad