Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It looks like a return to normalcy. I couldn't even get into BO4 with the weird health system it had.

Very curious to see what people think of it.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Loving every bit of it so far even though it's only the 2v2 game mode right now. So much fun. Can't wait for the actual beta to start

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
It's crazy, this game doesn't even feel like COD in a sense. First of all, the sound design is PHENOMENAL. This is hands down the most satisfying COD to kill people in, and the guns sound incredible. I also like that theres actual recoil that forces you to be much more precise in your shooting. Spray and spray is non existent so far for me.

Reactions: CPTN71 and Kcb12345

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Aside from my aim being straight hot trash garbage on PS4 now after playing PC almost exclusively for a couple of years, the 2v2 mode is great. When it's a close match and you're playing the 8th, 9th, 10th etc. round, the mode has that same intense feeling that the end of Battle Royale games have. The difference is BR games take like 20+ minutes to get to that point and this mode it's more like 5. Very cool.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I like what I see so far, though I am not crazy about 2v2.

The TTK seems crazy fast too, and this is without perks and various gun attachments. The only time you seem to stand a chance after getting hit is if they get you with a pistol that isn't the Desert Eagle or whatever they are calling it in this game (GS or something?). Head shots are frequent. They may need to tone down the head shot multiplier. Shotguns have crazy range lol.

And that black and white screen when hurt HAS to go.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I don't know if its because of the mode being 2v2 or because I was playing on a controller when I've been playing on kb&m for several years or a combination of both now but I did not enjoy my experience at all. That's not to say I think its bad by any means. I felt the sound and visuals were top notch. Definitely a lot slower than other COD titles and I don't mind it tbh. I'm excited for the actual beta so I can give it a try on PC.

Question regarding crossplay. As far as I know, it will be determined who you play against via which input you use. Controller or kb&m. (i know its not like this in the Alpha but they are saying it will for the full release) Will controller players be able to opt in and play against kb&m players? I fear if the answer is no and the pc player rate drops (as per usual) I would be forced to switch to a controller which will more than likely be the end of me playing the game.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I don't know if its because of the mode being 2v2 or because I was playing on a controller when I've been playing on kb&m for several years or a combination of both now but I did not enjoy my experience at all. That's not to say I think its bad by any means. I felt the sound and visuals were top notch. Definitely a lot slower than other COD titles and I don't mind it tbh. I'm excited for the actual beta so I can give it a try on PC.

Since you are used to FPS with KB+M, did you try upping the sensitivity settings? The default is 2...I think I set mine to 7 and I'm not a high sensitivity guy.

Question regarding crossplay. As far as I know, it will be determined who you play against via which input you use. Controller or kb&m. (i know its not like this in the Alpha but they are saying it will for the full release) Will controller players be able to opt in and play against kb&m players? I fear if the answer is no and the pc player rate drops (as per usual) I would be forced to switch to a controller which will more than likely be the end of me playing the game.

I had read previously that yes you can opt-in as a controller user on Console to play KB+M players on PC. Don't take my word at 100% though...but I definitely did read that. Who knows if that will change or if it was even accurate.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Played a few games this morning. So far so good in my opinion. The sound of the guns are fantastic. I felt like the time to kill was a little inconsistent, but for the most part it was good enough for me. This is a mode I definitely won't play consistently, but I like this as a teaser for the rest of the game.

Reactions: Kcb12345

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Any idea about the multiplayer maps?

If it's chocked full of small, three lane maps designed specifically for 5 second life cycles, (Like it's been for the last 5+ years) it'll be a hard pass from me.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Any idea about the multiplayer maps?

If it's chocked full of small, three lane maps designed specifically for 5 second life cycles, (Like it's been for the last 5+ years) it'll be a hard pass from me.
They said they specifically designed the maps to NOT be like they were in the past. No more 3 lane maps.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
It's a ton of fun but somewhat underwhelming. You look at a game like Battlefied V which gets all sorts of crap for being a bad game and then COD comes out with COD: Battlefield and people are enamored...

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I like it it a lot. Spawns are sometimes eh, but overall It seems solid.

Yeah there are a few spawns where I have had guys spawn a few feet ahead of me while I ADS LOL.

I like it so far.

PROS:
-Guns feel great
-Runs nice and smooth on my OG PS4.
-I enjoy the looks of the updated engine. Long overdue for COD
-Audio is great
-Beta maps are not three lane
-Maps have verticality
-Something simple like the how good the exploding grenades look is very noticeable
-Lots of little cool animations and attention to detail with the guns and player models
-The executions are pretty LOL

CONS:
-I am missing the mini-map, SOMETIMES
-UAV spam is pretty bad right now
-Cruise missiles are in the air CONSTANTLY (might have to do with one of the default classes having Hardline)
-I would anyway, but if the beta is any indication running Ghost is a must
-TTK is a little low IMO
-Right now at least, you aren't rewarded with being aggressive. Due to the "lack" of three lane maps and because of alot of verticality, be prepared to get blasted by someone posted up in window, elevated paths, head glitching behind a half-wall, etc. This might also be a side effect of no mini-map
-The respawn animation is a little much. Just get on with it already haha

I have seen people say it's hard to see enemies. I'm not really experiencing that. I've also seen people say the game is blurry (even with all the motion blur stuff and film grain off). Again, not seeing that. As well, people complaining about their FPS going to shit in gun battles. I did not experience that.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
People seem to be all over the board, but the general consensus seems to be that it's a much slower paced game than most CoDs. Rushing is apparently very difficult. I would like to give the beta a try, but pretty much all of my gaming hours are going to go towards BL3 for the near future, so I doubt that will happen. If rushing is heavily discouraged then I don't think it's really a game for me.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
People seem to be all over the board, but the general consensus seems to be that it's a much slower paced game than most CoDs. Rushing is apparently very difficult. I would like to give the beta a try, but pretty much all of my gaming hours are going to go towards BL3 for the near future, so I doubt that will happen. If rushing is heavily discouraged then I don't think it's really a game for me.

I don't think it's slow paced per se. The maps seem large with more interactive areas which can mean less frantic gameplay. 10 v 10 is busier than 6 v 6 because of that for sure.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Gave the beta a few hours of play. It's not too bad. Very fast paced coming from playing BFV. More of reaction gaming then methodical. I think it would be more enjoyable playing with a team or a few friends as most of the games I played it was just two groups running around with their heads cut off lol. Maps were decent as well. Quite small though but overall fun.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Call of Duty would be a legendary series if they bothered to put as much care into single player as they did multiplayer. Unfortunately this is never the case and the single player always feels tacked on.

There's a reason MOH Frontline is still the GOAT.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Played a few more hours last night. Still am enjoying the Beta.

I think this is a legitimate gripe though:

"Once on the run, I begin to notice a lot more points of interaction than in previous games. Doors are fully analog, for one, and the speed and pace at which I breach through them can be controlled based on how fast I’m moving. Sprinting while tapping the button to open a door kicks it in quickly, while walking up to one allows me to peek around corners slowly with my weapon at the ready. Once opened, doors can even be closed again.
The game mode also offers weapon resting. I can walk up to many of the doors, windows, and obstacles in the game, tap a button, and stick to surfaces like glue. When I do, the recoil on my weapon drops to zero and I can land multiple full-auto shots with ease.
But the moment that I stop to take advantage of these systems, either the analog doors or the weapon mounting system, I invariably get gunned down. The advantages conveyed by this new style of interactivity are completely wasted in multiplayer because the movement speed in this mode is just ridiculously fast.
When enemies are able to race through environments, bunny-hopping all the way, there’s little to no advantage for stopping — even for a moment — to do something as pedestrian as open a door slowly. Why be methodical when everyone is sprinting everywhere, mowing down enemies the moment they see them? The game’s systems and speed of movement seem to be at war with each other, and the fast movement is clearly winning. "

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has the chops to be a tactical shooter after all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad