Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I hope they change the Gulag weapons.
Same. I’m terrible with snipers/dmrs up close. I won at least 75% of my Gulags when they had AR/SMGs last season. I’m probably only at like 40% this season, and it will s usually the FAL and EBR I win with.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I still just can’t get into Warzone... map is too big to spend 20 minutes running to find someone only to be killed by 12 year old Billy camping somewhere.

Sep 19, 2008
I still just can’t get into Warzone... map is too big to spend 20 minutes running to find someone only to be killed by 12 year old Billy camping somewhere.
12 year old billy largely camps in solos. Although hearing 12 year old billy get shot by pro streamers online in trios / quads is hilarious. "WHAAAAT FROM WHERE?" :laugh: "OH MY GOODNESS THAT WAS SO CRAP"

The game has a lot of problems, but one of the few things IW did right was the death chat. Mostly get a "he's on the roof" or "he's camping" when I hit someone while hiding in an attic :laugh:

Very excited about the new season tomorrow.

Reactions: CPTN71

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That’s all BRs. One thing Warzone did really well is that they nailed the mid game. Most other BRs are exciting at the beginning when you drop in and near the end with the final circles as teams get closer and closer to each other. In Warzone, though, the mid game can be just as exciting if you want it to be due to the contracts. That was a really good idea because bounties and UAVs are great for sniffing out campers. It’s pretty rare that I get killed by someone sitting in a corner in a house in this game.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I hope they change the Gulag weapons.
Just make it a rotation of all weapons. Having fists and knives is so lame and comes down to whoever can button mash the fastest.

Best sniper strat is to go immediately to your left or right and scope in to the opposite end. Half the time the other player comes around the corner to me already fully scoped and ready to shoot

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

I rarely get killed by campers in this game. When I do get killed by campers I almost always know where they are before it happens but just got outmaneuvered at the edge of the circle with the gas coming in.

You have so many weapons at your disposal in this game in terms of battle and tactical intelligence that if you're doing things right you should almost never be in a position to get killed unawares by a camper. Yeah, once in a while you'll get popped across the map by a sniper. But you know what almost always happens when I get popped across the map by a sniper? I get revived by a squadmate and I'm right back in the game. Warzone gives you so many chances to succeed if you just utilize teamwork and communication.

I have my loadout ahead of probably 90% of players in the servers I'm in and from that moment on I have constant heartbeat sensor and/or UAV intel coming in plus 3 other pairs of eyes constantly pinging and communicating everything they see. And not even just the lazy regular ping that just drops a red marker, you want your squad feeding each other the "full pings" which lock onto enemies and actually move around with them for a few seconds.

If you're playing Warzone with randos you're doing it wrong. If you're playing Solos... oh well.

Sep 19, 2008
- took out the snipers for now in gulag, will rotate between 4 sets

- stadium roof opened

- train station opened

- new guns

- new mode (mini royale), quicker BR. Also Stimmy solos back under a new name

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Key cards are back. Three different key cards can be found on the floor in stadium and they unlock three different rooms filled with rare chests.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Played for an hour or so last night. Noticed a few things:
  • Buying back a teammate is now $4,000, down from $4,500
  • Seems the floor loot has been reduced, especially ammo for the AR. I spent a ton of time trying to track down AR ammo in most of my games.
  • Cash seems to appear more often than last season, especially from crates. I was up to $10,000+ by the time the gas hit the first circle in all of the games I played.
  • New areas flooded with new players. Only new area I didn't hit was train station. Stadium is huge and chaotic. Only dropped on the train once, but was immediately met by two squads. The rare crates there are great if you can get to them first and immediately get off the train.
  • I hate that they brought back shotguns in the Gulag. Besides straight up fists or a crossbow, shotguns are the dumbest Gulag weapons IMO.
  • I play on Xbox and the "play again" button needs fixed. It wasn't working at all and every time I pressed the button it gave me the "Cash Lost" screen you get when you die on Plunder :laugh:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah the Play Again button is jacked on PS4 too.

I've also had the music keep playing when you get out of a vehicle. Have to get back in and jump back out to make it stop. Other times I had to find a different vehicle to make that work.

Self-Revive is also $500 cheaper now. Augs and SA-87s everywhere.

Reactions: hb12xchamps
Sep 19, 2008
Lot of people (including streamers) getting the "everything becoming triangles" bug with the game right now

Sep 19, 2008
Lol what? That sounds hilarious. Can you link a clip?
Sounds like it might be gulag related

fij5l9sqmhf51.png

9gXQmxy

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
FAL...adjusted? I guess you’d say. Don’t know if I’d call it a buff or a nerf. Headshot damage increased, limbs decreased. Will be better for accurate players and worse for me :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad