Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I used to get so hyped for these new releases and now I'm just sort of meh. Don't know if its because covid killed my hype, I'm out growing the game or Modern Warfare turned me off. Still will probably get it though.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
JFC, they really are creatively bankrupt, aren't they?

First going back to WW2.

Then rebooting Modern Warfare.

Now rebooting Black Ops?

Would it kill you to try a new idea? Lol

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

First going back to WW2.

Now rebooting Black Ops?

Why fix what isn’t broken? They tried new ideas with the advanced movement games and they sucked BAD.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Not expecting much from this considering Activision had to call in Treyarch halfway through development to fix Raven Software's mess.
Why fix what isn’t broken? They tried new ideas with the advanced movement games and they sucked BAD.
Personally I would much rather play Black Ops 3 or Infinite Warfare over the MW reboot. At least people would move in those games.

Reactions: JaegerDice

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

It's true, they weren't particularly successful at trying to ape TitanFall.

Even if you prefer the slower and more predictable gameplay of the traditional boots-on-the-ground COD games, there are plenty of options beyond simply going back to the well for past glory.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Really wish they'd do WW1 or hell even the Civil War

I'm still waiting on somebody to successfully make Platoon: The Videogame. Vietnam, dense jungles, open environments with multiple objectives, and all the intersquad interaction complete with drug use, fragging, paranoia, etc.

It probably remains the most controversial war in American History. Let's play in that sandbox and get a little dirty.

But I'm not fooling myself. The COD series is basically 'America! f*** Yeah!' the videogame series.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Warzone is huge. It will almost certainly carry over, no?

Yeah I think Warzone is the separation of CoD's BR mode into a standalone thing.

I'd be surprised to see a BR mode in Blops CW.....well, not THAT surprised I guess. :laugh:

It’s not like the COD franchise is going to have two separate BR games. I really hope we don’t see it. Modern Warfare has its problems but the gunplay and gun customization was top notch IMO. “Warzone” seems like its getting most of the attention from the Devs and the players.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm still waiting on somebody to successfully make Platoon: The Videogame. Vietnam, dense jungles, open environments with multiple objectives, and all the intersquad interaction complete with drug use, fragging, paranoia, etc.

It probably remains the most controversial war in American History. Let's play in that sandbox and get a little dirty.

But I'm not fooling myself. The COD series is basically 'America! f*** Yeah!' the videogame series.
True. There was another video game I saw that did depict the Vietnam war which you may be interested in if you want to play that.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
True. There was another video game I saw that did depict the Vietnam war which you may be interested in if you want to play that.

If you’re talking about the original COD: Black Ops, one or two linear levels isnt what Im after. ;)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Not expecting much from this considering Activision had to call in Treyarch halfway through development to fix Raven Software's mess.

Personally I would much rather play Black Ops 3 or Infinite Warfare over the MW reboot. At least people would move in those games.
I can hang with you on BO3, I definitely enjoyed my time with that game, but I still prefer the current MW over any of the advanced movement games. Infinite Warfare was probably my least favorite CoD I’ve ever played though. Basically just bought it to get CoD4 Remastered but didn’t play either game all that much. I was getting bored of CoD at that point, but MW and especially Warzone brought me back in big time.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017

First going back to WW2.

Now rebooting Black Ops?

I would like to see COD in Civil War, Franco-Prussian war and even older periods, for example COD where you are soldier of Roman legion and fight barbarians, or Greek soldier in Thermopile battle.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I can hang with you on BO3, I definitely enjoyed my time with that game, but I still prefer the current MW over any of the advanced movement games. Infinite Warfare was probably my least favorite CoD I’ve ever played though. Basically just bought it to get CoD4 Remastered but didn’t play either game all that much. I was getting bored of CoD at that point, but MW and especially Warzone brought me back in big time.
Yeah, I was getting tired of all the stuff that made you feel more like a superhero instead of a soldier.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I would like to see COD in Civil War, Franco-Prussian war and even older periods, for example COD where you are soldier of Roman legion and fight barbarians, or Greek soldier in Thermopile battle.

If you’ve got Xbox you should check out “Ryse: Son of Rome”.

Reactions: pukovnik

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Lots of people are pushing this as the anti-MW since apparently they're bringing back the old mini map and won't have doors and shit in maps.

I agree with others tho. They need to seriously tune down the SBMM for me to buy it. I'm not against having it in some capacity (especially after going back and playing the master chief collection. Some matches are just horrid balance wise) but don't have it where one game throws you into a world championship lobby.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Lots of people are pushing this as the anti-MW since apparently they're bringing back the old mini map and won't have doors and shit in maps.

I agree with others tho. They need to seriously tune down the SBMM for me to buy it. I'm not against having it in some capacity (especially after going back and playing the master chief collection. Some matches are just horrid balance wise) but don't have it where one game throws you into a world championship lobby.

I've said this before in the other COD thread, but they should just have a "Pro" or "Club" mode set of playlists. The problem with SBMM is that after you get past a certain threshold every single game felt like a super-intense, maximum test of your skill, more challenging than fun, experience.

I don't want to "pwn N0OBs" every match but starting up a game of COD by yourself becomes way less enjoyable to me when the "casual" aspect of it is stripped away.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00