GDT: Calgary @ Vancouver 8 PM MT (SN/SN1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah I know everyone around here will be in major panic mode even before the first puck drop. But it takes 10-15 games for teams to really get in the groove historically

Why so long? It's basically the same team

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Can we stop punishing Bennett by playing him with Brouwer? We seriously need another top 9 forward to push Brouwer down.

Reactions: Dack

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Familton with a stupid penalty, then an unlucky bounce ends up in the net.

Quality.

Vancouver guy was wriggling his gloves like he wanted to drop them and then Freddie just punches him in the face with his glove on and skates away. Drop them and fight him if you're angry about the hit and no penalty.

Edit: And while I wrote that Ferland takes an offensive zone penalty. K

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Has any regular roster player actually looked like they've improved so far? Everyone is the same or worse and the new guys have all been bad

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Has any regular roster player actually looked like they've improved so far? Everyone is the same or worse and the new guys have all been bad

Bennett looks better, but all is for naught as Brouwer still looks terrible and is weighing Bennett and Versteeg down.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Looks like they've never played together before.

Preseason is preseason but god it feels like another 5-10-2 start is around the corner

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
When the coach basically tells the top 3 lines they're all but guaranteed their jobs before the game, I wasn't expecting them to come out and set the world on fire.
3 lines?

There is only one open spot for the 6th dman and the competition is Bart against himself :madfire:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Put the game on for five mins. Flames didn’t enter the zone once, and surrendered a power play goal against.

Turned the tv off. Can’t wait for Wednesday. :boredom:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Hard not to see that as the starting line-up for the 1st game.

Obviously not how many would like to see it (Bartkowski in, Jankowski out, Glass in) but I think based on what we saw last year the team wants to go with vets, at least early on.

Or I could be totally wrong and Jankowski, Andersson and Kulak could all start against Edmonton on opening night.

If the Flames ice these lines opening night, you have to begin seriously questioning the judgement of Treliving / Gulutzan. I mean, with the options they have, they could actually put together a pretty formidable squad. Coming into preseason I expected them to be anywhere between 3rd in the pacific or a WC. Now I'm starting to think a WC might be unlikely - its quite fortunate the Pacific is a division "in transition" and that there should be a lot of easier points available.

Bennett and Jankowski have been two of the team's best forwards, and you put one of them with a couple of slow vets who are useless 5v5, and send the other one to the AHL? That's just laughable resource management. Dube deserved a much longer look as well. Honestly some of the moves at forward over the last couple years have been head scratching at best . .

Sign Brouwer to 4x4.5M
Sign Stajan to 4x3.125M
Sign Bouma to 3x2.2M
Resigned Versteeg
Waive Byron
Waive Jooris
Trade Granlund for Shinkaruk
Waive Shinkaruk
Gave up a 2nd round pick for Curtis Lazar

It's like they are actively trying to ice the slowest possible forward group in the league. Look at how much speed went out the door to make room for slow players. The only real redeeming move has been the Frolik signing.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Our power play still sucks. I don't know how it finished in the top half of the league last season.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Wow do they ever look atrocious.
I'm expecting another slow start. No way this team just flips a switch.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Not sure if I like this new leaner Tkachuk. He seems to have lost his physicality against other opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad