GDT: Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Airplanes 6:00 PM MT

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Helleybuck with one more save and Connor is better than Huberdeau. I hope we squeak in and keep our 1st / 2nd

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Man we could’ve used another goal tonight. Too bad one of our top 3 lines was useless because the team doesn’t slot players properly and wants to revive a player who will probably retire after this season and hasn’t been top 6 caliber since 2017. Model organization these flames

Reactions: Boomstick

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Pretty mid performance against a team missing several top 6 players. Could have gone either way but rarely seems to go ours in Winnipeg. Think we're now 1-7 in our last 8GP there.

Nobody was especially good, nobody was especially bad other than Lewis.
Liked Zohorna, Weegar, Zadorov. Lucic wasn't even bad by his standards but might be time to change that line up. Just not very effective. Backlund's line was good with zone entries, defensive and NZ play, but man do they just kind of freeze up when it's time to actually score a goal. Lindy and a couple other forwards went through the motions. Markstrom was fine.

oh and thought the refs were garbage. Missed calls & bad calls the only calls they made tonight.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Solid game, could've gone either way but they were missing Ehlers.

Honestly think Jakub Vrana would fit so well here if his off-ice issues aren't too much of a concern. He would be the exact type of guy I'd want alongside Hubes and Kadri and would be a massive upgrade on Looch. I really hope Brad is doing his due diligence today and puts in a claim

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Honestly think Jakub Vrana would fit so well here if his off-ice issues aren't too much of a concern. He would be the exact type of guy I'd want alongside Hubes and Kadri and would be a massive upgrade on Looch. I really hope Brad is doing his due diligence today and puts in a claim

No cap space

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
We had decent edge in play. Fourteen losses, ten wins in one goal games. That should tell Darryl something.

To me Sutter’s system is working but the staff needs to accept that a minor switch in personnel is needed. If don’t want Phillips then try Pelletier, Zary, Schwindt, etc. Need a boost in skill/speed.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020

No cap space
Actually his remaining daily cap hit is only 2.81 Million, sending a player down from the current roster for him would actually fit him in under the cap currently, but if anymore gymnastics are required, using LTIR on Kylington gives us room to spare for him. If he plays as well as he did in Detroit, very easy to move someone in the off-season to make room. If he doesn’t, very easy to move him to a young team as a reclamation project. Would be a win-win really.

Business aside though, I hope we (and the rest of the league) don’t put a claim on him. The guy just got out of the player assistance program. Having to uproot his life and whatever family he has could be devastating on the work he’s put in. Sounds like Detroit just wants him to play in the AHL to get his game back up to speed, awful that he’s likely switching teams because of that.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad