Post-Game Talk: Calgary Flames @ San Jose Sharks - Nov 28, 2015

Kovaz

Jul 1, 2014
Just got home and watched the highlights.

Hiller's five-hole was more like a 5'x5' hole tonight, miright?

Just brutal. The one replay you could still see daylight through his five-hole a full second after the puck had gone in. He wasn't just late - he never even closed his five-hole.

He came into tonight with the lowest save percentage in the NHL (>60 minutes played), and it was even lower tonight. He couldn't even live up to his early-season performance as the worst goalie in the NHL.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
Our goaltending is horrid and we need a new coach (imo). Hopefully these will be remedied next year when we have our shiny first overall to slot into the lineup.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Calculon lost an avatar bet and is throwing it hilariously back in the board's face by posting Bieber wherever possible.
tumblr_inline_mho83mv7T21qz4rgp.gif

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I thought Granlund had a good game though. His goal was a beaut

Be nice to have him squeeze Raymond out of the roster for the rest of the season.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
He is undoubtedly better than Raymond. I am not sure about keeping him at C though. Feels a little like setting him up to fail, to me anyway.

Totally agree, I've stated over and over again to get him on the wing. He is fine in his own end, but I think he would thrive playing on the wing. If we did that, he would essentially replace what Sven was supposed to be for us.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Totally agree, I've stated over and over again to get him on the wing. He is fine in his own end, but I think he would thrive playing on the wing. If we did that, he would essentially replace what Sven was supposed to be for us.

Its fascinating how Hartley has no problem swapping Bennett back and forth from Wing to C, but won't do the same for Granlund. Maybe they want Granlund to be an eventual Backlund replacement.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Its fascinating how Hartley has no problem swapping Bennett back and forth from Wing to C, but won't do the same for Granlund. Maybe they want Granlund to be an eventual Backlund replacement.

Yeah I don't quite get it. If you look at Granlund, he has skills that are typical with wingers. He understands the game from the standpoint of a center, so he's responsible, he's a good playmaker, but he has one hell of a shot. Playing him on the wing would only free him up to produce more offence and we have more than enough depth down the middle to play him there. He's also not the biggest guy so I just think he would be utilized better and more effective on the wing.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I hope not, Granny probably has some more offensive upside than Backlund. I feel Calgary has some alright pieces moving forward, but they need a shot. Like, the fact we are continuously playing the same lineups; really hurts my brain. There are probably only 3-4 forwards that are being swapped around, and none of them are effective.

I'd rather start bringing up the reserves and seeing how they want to play. Young hungry players are good to add to a veteran mix. Guys like Bollig (and I've defended him all season); I'd rather see replaced with Hamilton or Shore; those guys can play and are big guys too. Jooris has been a disappointment this season, and I'm a major fan of his. Jones-Stajan-Colborne's a line-up that gave for a while, and now just seem to run around their own end against teams' top lines.

There's a ton of work still to do on this team.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Yeah I don't quite get it. If you look at Granlund, he has skills that are typical with wingers. He understands the game from the standpoint of a center, so he's responsible, he's a good playmaker, but he has one hell of a shot. Playing him on the wing would only free him up to produce more offence and we have more than enough depth down the middle to play him there. He's also not the biggest guy so I just think he would be utilized better and more effective on the wing.

To a degree, but previously (I haven't seen him much this season, naturally) he wasn't very strong or fast, and a winger should be at least one of those things, ideally. Bennett, on the other hand, is greased lightning (and he's impressively strong on the puck for a 19 year old).

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
To a degree, but previously (I haven't seen him much this season, naturally) he wasn't very strong or fast, and a winger should be at least one of those things, ideally. Bennett, on the other hand, is greased lightning (and he's impressively strong on the puck for a 19 year old).

Sam Bennett is 19 years old? This is the first I'm hearing this.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad