Speculation: Calgary Flames Fire Sale.... Too Soon?

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I love Johnny, but (imo) he’s not worth PLD. He’d be great on PLD’s wing though. They are a perfect duo. Big straight line space eating centre, and Johnny. I wonder if the Flames could get PLD, and still keep Johnny?

We are not getting PLD, Johnny is not worth PLD. WE might be able to get PUTA for Johnny.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Dubois is a C and really good young player with loads of talent. But he’s not in the same tier as Johnny. That would be my ask. Anderson, Jenner, Bjorkstrand, Atkinson don’t really do anything in a deal for Gaudreau.
Then look to another team
Perhaps the Leafs. JH for Nylander or something.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I love Johnny, but (imo) he’s not worth PLD. He’d be great on PLD’s wing though. They are a perfect duo. Big straight line space eating centre, and Johnny. I wonder if the Flames could get PLD, and still keep Johnny?
There is no way the Flames could get PLD, period, full stop.

Unless you count ludicrously high value offer sheets of the "making him the highest-paid player in franchise history" variety, but I don't.

Reactions: rotsbu

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Gaudreau's 4 5v5 playoff points in 29 games may have something to do with it.

James Neal scored more at 5v5 this post season.

Don't think this information makes Anderson close in value to Gaudreau. Everyone knows Gaudreau is a open space and PP type.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Now this is interesting.

Foudy+Gavrikov for Johnny as a base is a deal I could really be interested in.

I think it works from Columbus' perspective. Middle pair would take a hit but Gaudreau helps the transition and PP so much, which are where the club needs the most help.

I'd straight up to Monahan for Bjorkstrand, idk about if Columbus would though

I'm not sure if I like that for Columbus, but only because I'm less interested in Monahan. The value is good.

Bjorkstrand is RWer afaik, he'd arguably be our best winger on the right side if Lindholm transitions to centre. If Flames could also get someone like Jenner in the deal it just makes sense to me.

I was thinking Jenner, Texier and a 2nd.

I'd expect that Jenner would be available, but I'd rather have Texier than Monahan. The team needs playmaking ability more than a 2C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad