Cal Pickard

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Its been a lot of fun watching this guy play. I had never seen him play before this season and I really didn't know he was this good. He's a battler for sure, and you can tell he really wants/loves to win. He's miles better than Berra, who probably doesn't have much of a future in this league. I'm thinking he ends up in the AHL and Pickard up full-time pretty soon. With the position the Avs are in, they cant afford to lose games because of Berra.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Video3.gif

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Guy is a character, he had an unreal shoot out celly back in lake erie this year doing a little shimmy, the one tonight was pretty good too^. It's refreshing to see the excitement in him.

Also Pickard is used to seeing a lot of rubber on a nightly basis, something that will likely continue in his days with the avs.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hard to call a goalie so young with so little experience "the real deal" but he definitely deserves some credit for what he's done so far. He's no Varly but he is an outstanding goalie. Aitto and Spencer Martin are being forgot about right now.

m0ngr31

Guy is a character, he had an unreal shoot out celly back in lake erie this year doing a little shimmy, the one tonight was pretty good too^. It's refreshing to see the excitement in him.

Also Pickard is used to seeing a lot of rubber on a nightly basis, something that will likely continue in his days with the avs.

This one?
xVgaptG.gif

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Pickard looked pretty good tonight. I think he had like 40 saves. Not a bad short term fill in for Varlamov

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
47 saves in a 1-0 loss, that 3rd period was so bad from a possession or lack there of stand point, his rebound control was top notch to bail them out to atleast get them to ot, big kudos to him.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I know it's a home crowd, and that three stars are a joke, but only getting the third star was ridiculous.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I remember a thread being made for him and how he was gonna be a steal after he played one game with Calgary. :laugh:

Meh, Berra does have a lot of potential, and certainly could become a decent #1 Goalie in the league still.

He played fairly well for the Avs, then he hit a 3 game stretch where he couldn't stop a beach ball while Varly was hurt the first time, Pickard came in relief one two of those games and posted shutouts, and hasn't looked back since.

I mean, its hard not to be playing Pickard with the stats he continues to put up. Berra probably gets traded this summer if not before the deadline, and he'll probably develop into a decent goalie down the road. He's got the potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad