Confirmed with Link: Cal Petersen on waivers 2/28

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Primeau would make sense, since he’s still young, and from the area.

Agreed, Mtl has to move one eventually but they want to move Allen. While neither has much value I suspect Allen can be had for free as long as there is no retention.

Not sure what you have in system goalie wise, do you need a young one or a stop gap like Allen until someone is ready

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’d be surprised if they were doing anything other than calling up Sandstrom right now. In fact, I am a bit surprised Petersen didn’t at least get a second chance.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It’s doubtful that anyone will claim him even in this period where there is a shortage of decent goalie play. If someone does, the Flyers can make a deal with a bunch of retention in order to get him off of the books. He’s seen his last game in O&B.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Petersen stinks.

Sandstrom also stinks, but at least he saves them a few hundred K in cap & is Swedish buds w/ Ersson?

Would not be surprised to see the Flyers add a goalie in a trade before the deadline.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He was given 5 chances this year. 86% of the time, he did what you need to do 90% of the time, so we need to see 100% less of him.
One of the games he didn’t even start, and two others they won, one of which he was great in. Even with the game on Sunday, he did better in his 5 starts this year than Ersson did in his first 5. He should get another game, unless there is something Briere is about to make happen.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
One of the games he didn’t even start, and two others they won, one of which he was great in. Even with the game on Sunday, he did better in his 5 starts this year than Ersson did in his first 5. He should get another game, unless there is something Briere is about to make happen.
its funny how everyone forgot about how Ersson started..

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Anyone that is shocked at this move clearly isn't watching him play.

While he has won games here, the flyers have won games in spite of Peterson. He also put up quite frankly, brutal numbers for the Phantoms for an "NHL" goaltender. The penguins game was the worst display of goaltending I've ever seen. The saves he made looked down to pure luck, and he looked shocked everytime the puck was in his glove and not the net.

He's awful. The basics elude him. I've never seen a goaltender look so utterly lost in the crease in all my time as a Flyers fan. This guy would struggle in the EIHL let alone the ECHL.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
There always is the possibility that some goalie starved organization might want to take him on as a rehab project. Once upon a time he was a good goalie. Obviously not on his current deal but with massive retention by the Flyers he might be worth trying to fix.

No, there really isn't. Not for $5m. There is 0 possibility that any team is ever taking a sub-.900 save percentage $5m goalie as a rehab project. Or even retained, which is not what we were talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad