Cal Clutterbuck

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
I think the wild view him as a future, 3rd/4th line energy guy who can draw some penalties, and play balls out, and give them a little offense.

I think he'll have a nhl carer, we'll see.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
He is currently playing for the Oshawa Generals. 47 points in 34 games, 78 PIMS. He is a plus 8 on a minus team, and currently wears the A on his sweater.

How many of these points come from Tavares, I have no idea, but he seems to be putting up some pretty good numbers this year.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/...n_id=29&&leagueId=1&lastActive=&singleSeason=

He does play a lot with Tavares, however I wouldn't go as far to say that he's only putting up points because of Tavares. They compliment each other very well.

I think Clutterbuck is an excellent pro prospect. I think he may even have second line potential. He's very quick and an excellent skater. He's actually quite the good playmaker whos pretty good at finding open teammates, he's got a pretty good hockey sense and he's a pretty decent finisher too. Not to mention that he's one of the hardest hitters in the OHL and has a bit of a pesky/agitator thing going on for him too.

If he continues to progress, I don't think their is any reason for him to not become an NHL player. He could be able to be a 20-20 guy on the 3rd line, or perhaps even a bit more than that.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Aug 12, 2006
Clutterbuck is the guy everyone hates unless your on his team....The guy will do anything to win and compliments Tavares really well. I consider him a future 20-20 guy in the NHL. He plays balls out every shift and is one of the better checkers in the OHL, although at times he is borderline dirty.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I get a bit nervous trying to project Clutterbuck's NHL potential, since he's usually exactly the kind of player I get my Maguire-like mancrushes on as a prospect, and then they mostly turn out to be just 4th line energy guys at best in the NHL. So while I would love to think that Clutterbuck will indeed be a bona fide 20-20 guy... well... he's more Maltbyian than Darren Helm I figure. And I can't help but make the ultimate comparison to my old buddy Todd Harvey too. Although Clutterbuck can flat out burn as others have said. How much of that is due to really elite stride and how much of that is because his work ethic dial never goes under 110% is up for debate.

I'd like to see Clutterbuck get a bit smarter and drop some of the agitator side, because he really could use his motor to be a more effective two-way player, which ultimately would help him down the line I figure. Hard to say. I'll hope the 20-20 predictions are right because I like Clutterbuck a lot and snagged him in my FHL of course, but history makes me wary.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Although Clutterbuck can flat out burn as others have said. How much of that is due to really elite stride and how much of that is because his work ethic dial never goes under 110% is up for debate.

I'll hope the 20-20 predictions are right because I like Clutterbuck a lot and snagged him in my FHL of course, but history makes me wary.

If i remember correctly, Clutterbuck was among the fastest skaters at the top prospects game skills comp, like within the top 3. So I'd have to think it's a little bit of both. He's very fast and he works very hard.

I also snagged him in my FHL, with my late first rounder! A little early, but I really have high hopes in him becoming a very solid NHL player.

He's actually got 10 goals in his last 12 games, so he's really catching fire on the goal sheet. But you are right, he does need to cut back on a lot of those minor penalties, which are undiciplined and will cost him playing time at the next level. He would be best served spending a little less time being an agitator and a little more time developing a solid two way game.

leafmon

Nov 13, 2006
I think the wild view him as a future, 3rd/4th line energy guy who can draw some penalties, and play balls out, and give them a little offense.

I think he'll have a nhl carer, we'll see.

I agree 3rd or 3th line energy guy. He comes to play every night and has done so with a bad team for the last three years.
His quick feet and attitude are his best assets.

LuLuBelle

Jul 8, 2005
Still, as the Jan. 10 trade deadline approaches, Selwood won't be shy to use his one remaining card in an attempt to bolster the back end yet again.

"Ideally, I'd like to add a top-6 defenceman or forward to the lineup if I possibly could," he said. "We're not looking to move anybody. Of course we've had plenty of calls on Cal (Clutterbuck) and Pete, but I don't see us doing anything there. But you never know."

Selwood said he has sat down with both players and their agents to gauge where they stand in the whole process. Aston, who turns 21 next month, is in the final months of his OHL career.

Clutterbuck, 19, a Minnesota Wild prospect who was a third-round NHL draft choice in 2006, isn't likely to return in 2007-08 as an overager.

The fact both Aston and Clutterbuck have expressed a desire to remain with the Generals, will make Selwood's decision easier.

Selwood is well aware Clutterbuck will, in all probability, be playing pro hockey next season, yet is still reluctant to part with him and for good reason.

"I would doubt that he'll be back," admitted Selwood before adding "but at the same time, what he brings to the ice, and the room, especially on that line with John (Tavares) and Brett (MacLean), well that would be tough to replace. At that point your talking about trying to replace one of your top two or three forwards."

http://www.durhamregion.com/dr/sports/story/3829480p-4430680c.html

Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Aug 12, 2006
i doubt clutterbuck will be moved, the deadline is tomorrow and the gens have no cards remaining on players and clutterbuck wont be moved for picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad