Caggiula's Future

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Honestly it's up to how well he does at camp. Hopefully he can come in, earn a spot and impress the brass long enough to stick around. Otherwise, he will be in the AHL and wait for a call up when injuries hit.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I'm sure he'll start the year in the AHL, but he'll get a quick look in the show if he has a good camp and starts strong in the minors.

I'm hoping that he really pushes guys like Yakupov, Korpikoski, Lander, Pakarainen, etc. in camp.

We'll see!

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
After July 1st we will have something like 12 NHL capable wingers. Some trades need to be made but it's probably 100% chance that he starts the year in the AHL.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Let's just wait and see how this kid does in camp and then in the AHL. Rarely does the top college (non drafted) free agent forward actually become relevant in the NHL. I remember the hype behind Casey Wellman, he was supposed to be able to easily step into a top 6 role blah blah blah and look how that turned out.

With that said though Caggiula does play a very pro style game and is a hard worker so who knows. I see him as a future 3rd line winger that provides speed, 2-way play, leadership. If injuries hit us then he will definitely get a look but he will likely start in off in Bakersfield.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Odds are likely that he starts in the AHL. But as with Sleps last year, surprises in camp can happen. It's up to him and how he plays.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'd say almost for sure he ends up in the AHL to start the season, but if he comes into camp and blows everyone away he could steal a spot from someone like Korpikoski or Hendricks.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Odds are likely that he starts in the AHL. But as with Sleps last year, surprises in camp can happen. It's up to him and how he plays.

Hope he does better than Sleps, who was lights out in TC and then mediocre the rest of the year.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Too much wing depth for him to make the team out of camp. AHL next season is highly likely.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
AHL for him but I have little doubt hell see some NHL time due to injuries for big club.

Slepyshev, Khaira, Pitlick*, Yakimov all going for same spot basically. Pitlick has played well in NHL in short stints, so I imagine he gets priority. Slepy next up

I think Slepyshev is going to be suprise this year. Hes adjusted to NA, hell contend for a spot

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
I know hes left handed but what is his versitility like? Can he play his off wing or has he ever? Having a hard time finding it on the forums or google.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Oilers should have the luxury of letting this guy spend some time in the minors where they'll find out if he's a pro hockey player.

For once. Usually we have to find this out by playing them on an NHL roster.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Still cant believe we landed him. He had Philly courting him with his ex coach, Chicago with his linemate and just a great team/city, Vancouver with 2 linemates and probably promises of ice time. Never even heard Edmonton as a top 5 possibly

Then boom, one visit to arena and he signs

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
He really has gaudy hands around the net , kind of reminds me of Eberle. It probably won't hurt to get some experience doing it at AHL level speed around pros -- but who knows, if he dominates in training camp he might find a way on. Its going to be tight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad