Prospect Info: C Yegor Sharangovich

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Pick #141...guess we're going by the Shero playbook with at least one KHL/Russian and one goalie in the late rounds.

He's actually from Belarus, overager. Big center seen as a bottom-six grinder, but I haven't seen any film on him. Played for Dynamo of the KHL last season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Pick #141...guess we're going by the Shero playbook with at least one KHL/Russian and one goalie in the late rounds.

He's actually from Belarus, overager. Big center seen as a bottom-six grinder, but I haven't seen any film on him. Played for Dynamo of the KHL last season.

This is absolutely a Shero late in the draft playbook pick. Playing in Russia, overager, we've seen this before.

He did have a solid WJC this year for Belarus with 5 points in 6 games which was 2nd on the team.
His MHL #'s from a couple years ago, though pedestrian on the surface, were the best in terms of ppg on what looks like an awful team. Also consider that, though a couple month's younger, he had similar/slightly better #'s in the KHL this year then Maltsev.

I also wonder in the Bela aspect diminishes the russian factor a bit.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
The 6-foot-2, 196 pound native of Minsk, Belarus just turned 20 and played 47 games for Dinamo Minsk of the Kontinental Hockey League earning four goals and eight assists. Although his numbers aren't flashy, the experience of playing with and against older, bigger, stronger players helped him improve his game just enough to stand out during international competition. He's played the past three years on the Belarus U20 team and the past two at the men's world championship.

"In Buffalo at World Juniors, he showed up and looked like a player that was good enough to make you wonder what he'd looking like playing with [the guys on USA or Canada]," Castron said. "He definitely stood out on their team and was a big part of their power play. They're not a very good team so they get most of their offensive opportunities on special teams and he was a really big part of the success they had there. I'm real interested to see what he can do with better talent around him."

Sharangovich earned three goals and two assists for five points in six games and was a minus-3 in that tournament. Decent numbers that look even better when you consider that his team allowed 28 goals in those six games, all losses.

He's got skill, good offensive instincts, can shoot the puck well, has good size and, since he doesn't have a contract in the KHL, once he signs with the Devils, he would be eligible to be assigned to Binghamton if he doesn't earn a spot in New Jersey out of camp.

Devils 2018 NHL Draftee Scouting Report

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The 6-foot-2, 196 pound native of Minsk, Belarus just turned 20 and played 47 games for Dinamo Minsk of the Kontinental Hockey League earning four goals and eight assists. Although his numbers aren't flashy, the experience of playing with and against older, bigger, stronger players helped him improve his game just enough to stand out during international competition. He's played the past three years on the Belarus U20 team and the past two at the men's world championship.

"In Buffalo at World Juniors, he showed up and looked like a player that was good enough to make you wonder what he'd looking like playing with [the guys on USA or Canada]," Castron said. "He definitely stood out on their team and was a big part of their power play. They're not a very good team so they get most of their offensive opportunities on special teams and he was a really big part of the success they had there. I'm real interested to see what he can do with better talent around him."

Sharangovich earned three goals and two assists for five points in six games and was a minus-3 in that tournament. Decent numbers that look even better when you consider that his team allowed 28 goals in those six games, all losses.

He's got skill, good offensive instincts, can shoot the puck well, has good size and, since he doesn't have a contract in the KHL, once he signs with the Devils, he would be eligible to be assigned to Binghamton if he doesn't earn a spot in New Jersey out of camp.

Devils 2018 NHL Draftee Scouting Report
Since he doesn't currently have a KHL contract(although I did here that was disputed)I wonder if they bring him over to the AHL now instead of having him signing another KHL deal and then who knows when we might see him.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Since he doesn't currently have a KHL contract(although I did here that was disputed)I wonder if they bring him over to the AHL now instead of having him signing another KHL deal and then who knows when we might see him.

Given that Castron mentioned his contract status at the draft, I think their intention is to sign him and bring him over right away.

Reactions: My3Sons

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Given that Castron mentioned his contract status at the draft, I think their intention is to sign him and bring him over right away.
They have not yet made the decision on Studenic right?

I wonder if Sharangovich coming over would have an effect on that.

Already have Bastian and Gignac as 20 year olds, Sharangovich would be another 20, Mcleod is very possible, he's still 20. Anderson is possible, he's also 20. Speers will only be in his 2nd year and is 21.

Do they get concerned about to0 many young kids down there after last season?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
They have not yet made the decision on Studenic right?

I wonder if Sharangovich coming over would have an effect on that.

Already have Bastian and Gignac as 20 year olds, Sharangovich would be another 20, Mcleod is very possible, he's still 20. Anderson is possible, he's also 20. Speers will only be in his 2nd year and is 21.

Do they get concerned about to0 many young kids down there after last season?

Studenic will start out in Binghamton or Adirondack. They don't sign 19 year olds and start their NHL clock otherwise. Fitzgerald is, I believe, on record saying that Studenic will be there.

I don't think they should have any concern about 'too many young kids'; it's a developmental league. McLeod and Anderson should be better than average players right away. Bastian, Speers, and Gignac should be better than last season. If guys like Studenic and Sharangovich only played 60 or so games it wouldn't be the end of the world. Still, odds are they'll play more unless they themselves get hurt - New Jersey was remarkably healthy this season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Studenic will start out in Binghamton or Adirondack. They don't sign 19 year olds and start their NHL clock otherwise. Fitzgerald is, I believe, on record saying that Studenic will be there.

I don't think they should have any concern about 'too many young kids'; it's a developmental league. McLeod and Anderson should be better than average players right away. Bastian, Speers, and Gignac should be better than last season. If guys like Studenic and Sharangovich only played 60 or so games it wouldn't be the end of the world. Still, odds are they'll play more unless they themselves get hurt - New Jersey was remarkably healthy this season.
I agree with most of you post. I'm a little concerned about another year of a young AHL team that is very bad, but Stud's or not they do seem to be going that way. And they have shown a willingness to send guys down to the ECHL, which I have no problem with.

But NJ was not all that healthy, especially amongst the fwd's. Marjo missed 50 games, Zajac, Palms, Gibbons, all missed 20, Boyle, Zacha, both missed 10. Q was up for a game and got hurt.

The D did stay very healthy.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I agree with most of you post. I'm a little concerned about another year of a young AHL team that is very bad, but Stud's or not they do seem to be going that way. And they have shown a willingness to send guys down to the ECHL, which I have no problem with.

But NJ was not all that healthy, especially amongst the fwd's. Marjo missed 50 games, Zajac, Palms, Gibbons, all missed 20, Boyle, Zacha, both missed 10. Q was up for a game and got hurt.

The D did stay very healthy.

We don't know what AHL veterans the team is going to sign. Moreover, a huge problem with last year's team was goaltending - if they can fix that, they can at least be decent. Someone like Sharangovich who plays on the 4th line most of the year (probably) isn't going to change that.

The Devils needed almost no recalls from the AHL all season. I guess you could argue that Gibbons and Coleman were those recalls and stuck with the team all year, but that's pretty unusual.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We don't know what AHL veterans the team is going to sign. Moreover, a huge problem with last year's team was goaltending - if they can fix that, they can at least be decent. Someone like Sharangovich who plays on the 4th line most of the year (probably) isn't going to change that.

The Devils needed almost no recalls from the AHL all season. I guess you could argue that Gibbons and Coleman were those recalls and stuck with the team all year, but that's pretty unusual.
Bratt too.

I think that trifecta of unexpected and significant contributions allowed for very good fwd depth. Pushed Hayes to the bench. Stafford eventually. Noesen for a bit.

We also made the late season trades too when we were looking thin.

Back to Sharangovich, not sure I'd pigeon hole him onto the 4th line just yet. Probable bottom 6 sure, but I'm willing to leave the light on in case he shows the WJC is more indicative of his offensive abilities then his KHL #'s.

On the flip side I could foresee some ECHL time for him as well.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I don't see a player who is putting up .26 PPG at 19 in the KHL playing in the ECHL unless he really struggles to adjust to North American ice. The WJC, where he looked his best, took place on north american ice.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't see a player who is putting up .26 PPG at 19 in the KHL playing in the ECHL unless he really struggles to adjust to North American ice. The WJC, where he looked his best, took place on north american ice.
I'm not seeing it either, but I'm not ruling it out. He could struggle a bit and then get squeezed in a #'s crunch.

Basically saying I'm not sure what to expect.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

That's because it's not happening. Why would he agree to that? Shitty bus rides and cheese toast sandwiches?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
That's because it's not happening. Why would he agree to that? ****ty bus rides and cheese toast sandwiches?
Is there a contract in which he can deny being sent to the ECHL?

We just saw a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder play in the ECHL, but a 5th rounder is just not happening?

It could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad