C/W Ville Koivunen - Kärpät, FIN (2021, 51st, CAR, traded to PIT)

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Koivunen is a good young player, but I'm worried about his skating. It's pretty bad. Not very big guy and not very strong. Feels like he might struggle in more skating oriented and physical NA game. Only had 1 point in 12 games in AHL last season. His skating needs to improve a lot for him to be NHL player.
He's not a bad skater, but his acceleration isn't amazing. Once he gets his feet moving constantly it will look better. Anyone who isn't fast and quick or tenacious sticks out against Jukurit though. They skate like demons right now..

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Great finish to the season for Koivunen with 31 points in the last 25 regular season games and 13 points in 12 playoff games.

He will continue his season in the AHL after Kärpät won the bronze medal.

Probably needs a year in the AHL until he is NHL ready but he was elite on the powerplay this season. Might help the pens there.

PP assist from today

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Great finish to the season for Koivunen with 31 points in the last 25 regular season games and 13 points in 12 playoff games.

He will continue his season in the AHL after Kärpät won the bronze medal.

Probably needs a year in the AHL until he is NHL ready but he was elite on the powerplay this season. Might help the pens there.

PP assist from today

Is he RW only or can he play LW?

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
So I just randomly got him in a Dynasty fantasy league. What should I expect from this guy? I've not paid much attention to him, but I knew he was doing a good job as a Carolina prospect

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00