C/W Filip Hållander (2018, 58th, PIT, traded to TOR, traded to PIT)

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Olofsson is also bigger and has a better shot/quicker release

I don't consider small size differences when evaluating players, and it's not like Jacob is more physically effective than Filip anyways. That leaves his shot and maybe it's a little bit better, but a shot just needs to be good enough. That was the only thing I had reservations about with Filip, but he managed to convince me. He can snipe.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Bummer, hoping the wings take him with the Vegas pick. Seeing him wear 91 in red flying down the ice just looks right

DraftGuru

Mar 6, 2018
He's a winger which is less valuable than centers. His skating also isn't all that great and personally I don't see super high-end offensive upside in him.

There's a lot to like about Olofsson. Good size, plays center, responsible defensively, great skater, good shot, smart. I kinda feel like Olofsson is both a safer pick than Hållander while also having higher upside.
I'm confused on your assessment on Hallander's skating. You started the thread by saying "Average-sized winger with above-average skating" and then a few months later you suggest that he hasn't been getting noticed more because "his skating isn't all that great"....

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'm confused on your assessment on Hallander's skating. You started the thread by saying "Average-sized winger with above-average skating" and then a few months later you suggest that he hasn't been getting noticed more because "his skating isn't all that great"....

Maybe I have a different definition on "above-average" than you/others do. Above-average to me is what it says, better than average but still not considered "good", "great" or "exceptional". I guess I could substitute "above-average" for "decent", those have pretty much the same meaning to me.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It bothers me to no end that they always type å as a instead of o. It's just an o that's riding on top of an a, but the a doesn't really matter there.

Hollander is so much better.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Eliteprospects says he's on loan yet , he's on the same club he's been on most if not all his life?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I stand by this comment.

Grrrr.

raw

Reactions: Oxide and Tripod

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Timrå relegated to Allsvenskan, so where does he play next season? Would have liked to see him in the SHL for one more season, but that's less likely now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad