C/W Dylan Duke - University of Michigan, NCAA (2021, 126th, TBL)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
13 points in 9 games. He was good last season with 32 points in 41 games. A steal by Tampa. He should be in their lineup next season. They badly need to find some NHL players with some of these draft picks to keep their window open, and Duke is looking like a success story.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
13 points in 9 games. He was good last season with 32 points in 41 games. A steal by Tampa. He should be in their lineup next season. They badly need to find some NHL players with some of these draft picks to keep their window open, and Duke is looking like a success story.
This is highly unlikely.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is highly unlikely.
Alex Barret-Boulet, Waltteri Merela (literally who?), Conor Sheary, and Michael Eyssimont are all in the lineup. A team with depth might have one player like that in their lineup.

You don’t think the Bolts need one of these draft picks to make a big contribution? I think that’s what will keep their window open or slam it shut. Can’t have four nobodies in your top 12 forwards and expect to win the Cup.

GordieHowYaDoin

Nov 9, 2022
Detroit/Nash
Alex Barret-Boulet, Waltteri Merela (literally who?), Conor Sheary, and Michael Eyssimont are all in the lineup. A team with depth might have one player like that in their lineup.

You don’t think the Bolts need one of these draft picks to make a big contribution? I think that’s what will keep their window open or slam it shut. Can’t have four nobodies in your top 12 forwards and expect to win the Cup.
I definitely agree but thinking Duke needs a year in the AHL to adjust to pro hockey. Bolts do Lucas Edmonds in the pipeline who looks poised to make the next step perhaps. He's been doing really well in Syracuse.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I definitely agree but thinking Duke needs a year in the AHL to adjust to pro hockey. Bolts do Lucas Edmonds in the pipeline who looks poised to make the next step perhaps. He's been doing really well in Syracuse.
He might. I think with a team that’s rebuilding without much veteran presence in the top 9 or a team with a deep prospect pool, that makes sense.

Duke isn’t super young. If he went CHL route, he’d be in his first year of AHL. Being a top player in the NCAA suggests he could help right away, especially if used the right way.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Interested to see if Duke's name gets brought up more. Could definitely sign once Michigan is done, but not sure if he'd sign if he gets assigned to Syracuse right away. 2025 UFA if he goes back for his senior year, so if he's unwilling to sign, he will be brought up in trade talks as Tampa looks to improve the defense. If he's willing to sign in 2024 or 2025, then BriseBois and the Lightning have nothing to worry about. Always have to wonder with these NCAA route players who get to their 3rd year removed from the draft.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Duke was amazing this past weekend in both games. His play totally warrants turning pro after this season but I wonder if there's any interest to come back for a senior season and play with his brother again.
He skates really well. That move to blow around the defender and cut in front of the goal was impressive.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Dylan Duke watch has begun. Waiting for a Lightning or Schlossman tweet to give us word on what the plan is.
I don't see him going. I actually see all the big four (or at least three) on Michigan ahead of him coming back, too, for one more go. Maybe a free agent like Hughes would go while his stock is high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad