C/W Adam Mascherin (2016, 38th, FLA; unsigned; 2018, 100th, DAL)

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I'd guess someone takes a chance in the 3rd/4th round.

E: that might be a bit modest prediction. Maybe late 2nd/3rd.

His release is something else though. Question if his game would translate though.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Finished his rookie season with decent numbers, 44 points (18 goals) in 75 games.
Any Stars fans have a say about him, any projections of his future?.

I didn't get to watch a whole lot of him but I heard a lot of good things about his offensive abilities and skill with the puck. From what I've heard he's a very good/underrated playmaker but needs to use his shot more. I don't really know how to project him though but next season will be interesting with him, Robertson, and Felhaber on the same team.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I didn't get to watch a whole lot of him but I heard a lot of good things about his offensive abilities and skill with the puck. From what I've heard he's a very good/underrated playmaker but needs to use his shot more. I don't really know how to project him though but next season will be interesting with him, Robertson, and Felhaber on the same team.

Thanks.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

But aren't they all LW's??? and all left shooting players.

Mar 12, 2009
This was a problem in Kitchener as well. He's got one of the best shots I've seen come through the OHL but is prone to making odd decisions with the puck like passing off in prime shooting positions. Any word on how his skating and game away from the puck have come along?

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Robertson can play right wing as well. Mascherin from what I’ve seen is very much the same player he was in junior. Great offensive player who still needs to work on the skating and defence. He’s a boom or bust prospect that’ll be a top six player or won’t cut it in the NHL. I also don’t think size will be an issue for him. He’s short, but very stocky.

Reactions: Torgo

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Robertson can play right wing as well. Mascherin from what I’ve seen is very much the same player he was in junior. Great offensive player who still needs to work on the skating and defence. He’s a boom or bust prospect that’ll be a top six player or won’t cut it in the NHL. I also don’t think size will be an issue for him. He’s short, but very stocky.

In today's hockey 5 foot 10 is not that short, but yeah.. he is "stocky", weighs about 210 pounds.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Any Stars fan have an opinion about Adam?
Stats wisely, a good start for his 3rd pro season, in the AHL

6 goals, 6 assists in 9 games.

How has he looked/played?
Does anyone see him a near future call up? like this season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
They're not bringing in someone currently not on the taxisquad when the team is on the road with the condensed schedule. While at home ? Maybe but i'm not sure it would be Mascherin who comes up. As for Mascherin himself . He's having a great AHL season but its difficult to gauge how much it will translate into the NHL. Small goalscorer who isn't a good skater that often doesn't translate to the NHL.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Any Stars fan have an opinion about Adam?
Stats wisely, a good start for his 3rd pro season, in the AHL

6 goals, 6 assists in 9 games.

How has he looked/played?
Does anyone see him a near future call up? like this season.

He has looked great and has good chemistry with Riley Damiani, but I don't know if he will ever get called up or not. I wish we could see both of them get called up at some point

Not sure if he will ever be a full time NHLer tho, as Serp mentioned he's small and not the greatest skater. He's shifty but not fast, but we won't know til he gets some games in.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
They're not bringing in someone currently not on the taxisquad when the team is on the road with the condensed schedule. While at home ? Maybe but i'm not sure it would be Mascherin who comes up. As for Mascherin himself . He's having a great AHL season but its difficult to gauge how much it will translate into the NHL. Small goalscorer who isn't a good skater that often doesn't translate to the NHL.

yup..the AHL has long history of guys who put up big points over long careers but who never got a sniff at the big league. This guy fits that profile..

Mar 12, 2009
He has looked great and has good chemistry with Riley Damiani, but I don't know if he will ever get called up or not. I wish we could see both of them get called up at some point

Not sure if he will ever be a full time NHLer tho, as Serp mentioned he's small and not the greatest skater. He's shifty but not fast, but we won't know til he gets some games in.
the only thing that separates him from other short guys who don't skate great is that he's very thick. From junior, I felt he still would really need to work on the skating and develop a game away from the puck if he wants to make it. Doesn't sound like the skating has taken big strides in development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad