C Trevor Wong -Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2021 Draft)

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
I coached his older brother. I have not seen Trevor in years so I cannot comment on his play. I can tell you this though: St. George’s was given two varsity teams and promised to make them even in terms of skill. Instead of doing that, they stacked one. The team Trevor plays on essentially slaughtered their other team 20-0.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
He's a projected top pick in the 2018 WHL Draft. Legitimate prospect, despite playing in a lower league.

He should really be playing in Bantam Prep, though.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He's a projected top pick in the 2018 WHL Draft. Legitimate prospect, despite playing in a lower league.

He should really be playing in Bantam Prep, though.

Wont be a top pick anymore. Looks like he has decided to go NCAA.....

According to a Saturday night tweet from Western Elite Hockey Prospects (@WEHPscout), F Trevor Wong, who was projected as an early pick in the WHL’s 2018 bantam draft, “has committed to the University of Denver.” . . . As WEHP put it: “Big blow to the WHL and the draft in general.” . . . Wong, from Vancouver, won’t turn 15 until May 4. He is playing for the bantam varsity team at St. George’s School, and has 61 points, including 26 goals, in 10 games.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Wont be a top pick anymore. Looks like he has decided to go NCAA.....

According to a Saturday night tweet from Western Elite Hockey Prospects (@WEHPscout), F Trevor Wong, who was projected as an early pick in the WHL’s 2018 bantam draft, “has committed to the University of Denver.” . . . As WEHP put it: “Big blow to the WHL and the draft in general.” . . . Wong, from Vancouver, won’t turn 15 until May 4. He is playing for the bantam varsity team at St. George’s School, and has 61 points, including 26 goals, in 10 games.

Interesting choice. Denver is building up an impressive crop of future talent and current talent.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Jday1199

Apr 30, 2016
He is an absolute incredible talent. The league he's playing in varies in ability greatly the 2 Calgary based teams are definitely on the lower end. The 2 other Vancouver teams (West Van and Delta) both are very talented and would beat a lot of traditional 'AAA' teams. The team St. George's beat 28-0 only has 12 skaters when healthy and not suspended, so fatigue definitely played a factor in the final score. It was 4-0 after the first and the wheels completely fell off. I've never seen anyone at any age challenge himself in warm-ups like young Mr. Wong. Hard but honest kid to play against.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Reactions: lawrence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad