C Trevor Wong -Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2021 Draft)

lawrence

May 19, 2012
coming from a Chinese family himself not surprised of the college route, which probably was more of an influence from his family. A lot of Asian parents are more enticed with their kid going to college , not to mention free school. win win in their point of view, kid goes to college and develops hockey. difference is whl is 70 games college is 40 games, none the less awesome find tryamkin, will be following this kids progress.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Trevor Wong at eliteprospects.com

he's currently 5'8 at the age of 15, look to him to be around 5'11 to 6'1 come around his draft.

Impossible to guarantee height. I played with kids at 15 who were 5'7 and topped out at 5'8 at 18. I also played with kids who were 5'7 and topped out at 6'2. There's so much about height that is tied to genetics that you can't really accurately predict it without a family history.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Wong is currently playing BC Major Midget with the Greater Vancouver Canadians. After 8 games he has 4 goals and 6 assists, all primary assists. The Canadians are currently 5-3. His next two games are this Saturday and Sunday against the Vancouver Northwest Hawks. He is currently in a 3 way tie for 12th in league scoring at 15 years old.

He's playing really well. Apparently he attended the Kelowna Rockets camp this summer and even though he is committed to the University of Denver he wants to keep his options open and continue to attend camp until he knows what he wants to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Watch him sign with Kelowna, only to have Bruce trade him to a team for some help for next years squad that hosts the Memorial Cup.

Fight Guy

Jan 9, 2005
If he signs, he can't be traded. There are new trade rules in the WHL this season after last year's gong trade deadline.

Players 15 and 16 years old can only be traded if they are not signed. Once they are signed, they can not be traded till they are 17/18.

17 year olds who are signed can only be traded if they have requested a trade.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
6+8 in 58 in dub last season is far from eye popping .
Yeah, that's why I'm wondering if anyone got to see him play much last season. He was putting up nearly 5ppg at St. George's School U15 Varsity as a 14-year-old. He put up pretty good numbers in BC U18 at 15 as well, albeit well below Stankoven. But you and I are just stat watching. It's a shame he hasn't played any hockey since the WHL shut down a year ago.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Yeah, that's why I'm wondering if anyone got to see him play much last season. He was putting up nearly 5ppg at St. George's School U15 Varsity as a 14-year-old. He put up pretty good numbers in BC U18 at 15 as well, albeit well below Stankoven. But you and I are just stat watching. It's a shame he hasn't played any hockey since the WHL shut down a year ago.

He was a highly touted guy who blended lesser opposition and circumstantially landed on a team that decided to host the Mem Cup but forgot that you needed to have good players to do so. I'd say he clearly has PPG WHL potential, just based on precedent and what I've seen in games.

Last year he started the season in the bottom 6, in a year where Kelowna had a mid-season coaching transition and was a very middling team overall. Obviously you've looked at his stat line - not much to write home about. He showed the occasional flashes of brilliance on little stop and go plays. He's evasive, and a great skater - which he has to be, because he's tiny. Hopefully he's bulked some in this extended time off.

To me the body of work just isn't there to make any definitive statements on him because guys like him almost always need this particular year to show what they are made of.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
6+8 in 58 in dub last season is far from eye popping .

The dub isn't like the OHL or Q. Lot of 16 year olds get sheltered then come alive during there 17 year old season. I doubt he was seeing any PP time or playing with the top lines. Same thing with Brandon's highly touted Jake Chiasson. They really protected him early and started to play more up in the lineup late in the season to good effect.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
inremember this guy getting really good in EA NHL games of the past - must’ve known one of the developers!!!

S.S. Giggy

RIP 1974-2011
Jun 14, 2002
Getzlaf's Bald Spot
Visit site
Any updates here? Looks like this thread kind of gotten buried. Wong's gone undrafted so not sure what his chances of being a Pro is. He and Sidorov's got chemistry from the looks of things so I, personally, wouldn't mind the Ducks taking a flier and sign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad