Prospect Info: C Stephan Halliday (104th Overall)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think he has potential to be a good 3rd liner one day.
He is a big bodied guy with some skill, I'd probably turn him into a LW or push him to the 4th line & move Kastelic to RW. I'd like to see how he does in Belleville, he had a great yr at Ohio State, but I would like to see him against men to see how he does, not sure how physical he is either.

Reactions: Icelevel

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He is a big bodied guy with some skill, I'd probably turn him into a LW or push him to the 4th line & move Kastelic to RW. I'd like to see how he does in Belleville, he had a great yr at Ohio State, but I would like to see him against men to see how he does, not sure how physical he is either.
I watched him a few times. He is not really physical and needs work in that area and in his complete game; being stronger on the puck and away from it. Best for him to go back to school for another year imo.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I watched him a few times. He is not really physical and needs work in that area and in his complete game; being stronger on the puck and away from it. Best for him to go back to school for another year imo.
Last yr at camp he looked completely disinterested & was not very physical for a big guy. Yesterday he looked like a completely different player & much more aggressive. Today he was getting pushed by smaller players in puck battles in close quarters & wasn't nearly as agressive as yesterday. He certainly has some skill & good vision & can handle the puck, but agree with the physical part of the game & it was really physical out there today only playing inside the blueline.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Last yr at camp he looked completely disinterested & was not very physical for a big guy. Yesterday he looked like a completely different player & much more aggressive. Today he was getting pushed by smaller players in puck battles in close quarters & wasn't nearly as agressive as yesterday. He certainly has some skill & good vision & can handle the puck, but agree with the physical part of the game & it was really physical out there today only playing inside the blueline.

He seemed to have a very offensive role last year. Offensive zone starts... PP time and was hard to find in the playoffs if it wasn't in an offensive situation.
He is a late bloomer .. And he definitely made strides. Lets hope he can make some more. Last year I remember he looked out of place but he shouldn't this year. He had a good year. He has more skill than many of the prospects I am sure... He just needs to round out his game more.. and be more battle ready.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Looks to be a riser in the prospects depth chart, the highlights of him in the last month or so contributing towards/in playoffs is a real treat. He is now a prospect dark horse for the big rodeo, excited to see how he develops his game. Encouraged to hear about his supposed puck stealing skills, he looks to be a very good set up guy with some finish at the pro level.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Looks to be a riser in the prospects depth chart, the highlights of him in the last month or so contributing towards/in playoffs is a real treat. He is now a prospect dark horse for the big rodeo, excited to see how he develops his game. Encouraged to hear about his supposed puck stealing skills, he looks to be a very good set up guy with some finish at the pro
Has his skating improved? I remember hearing that was the big concern with him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nice to see Halliday's progression. Belleville and their attention to defense and detail will be really good for him. Always had strong offensive tool kit.
A full season in Belleville and we could have a big skilled forward knocking on the door with top 6 potential. He will likely get a look in Ottawa at some point next year.

I think his skating (strength on his skates) has improved quite a bit from Y1 at OSU to now.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Looks like another big dude who may be able to play. Ostapchuk, Kleven, and potentially Halliday would be nice heavy additions to the team in the future (two potentially pushing next season).

Now if Jarventie can get back on track this would be a nice little group of potential middle 6/pairing players to look forward to.

I’d love Kastelic to have some pressure from new guys to keep him hungry. When he’s dialed in he’s a solid 4th line player for us along with physical play. Add in Ostapchuk and potentially Halliday down the road and that’s a lot of size and NHL talent.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Looks like another big dude who may be able to play. Ostapchuk, Kleven, and potentially Halliday would be nice heavy additions to the team in the future (two potentially pushing next season).

Now if Jarventie can get back on track this would be a nice little group of potential middle 6/pairing players to look forward to.

I’d love Kastelic to have some pressure from new guys to keep him hungry. When he’s dialed in he’s a solid 4th line player for us along with physical play. Add in Ostapchuk and potentially Halliday down the road and that’s a lot of size and NHL talent.
I agree. I like all those guys. Hopefully jarventie can keep improving and find a spot.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
While there are not any standout offensive players in Belleville, they are developing some good bottom six players & 2nd/3rd pairing defencemen for Ottawa. Five different positional depth players who may be NHL ready, some might add Sogaard G to cover all positions.

Ostapchuk LW - Halliday C - Sokolov RW
Kleven LD - Guennette RD
Sogaard G

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
While there are not any standout offensive players in Belleville, they are developing some good bottom six players & 2nd/3rd pairing defencemen for Ottawa. Five different positional depth players who may be NHL ready, some might add Sogaard G to cover all positions.

Ostapchuk LW - Halliday C - Sokolov RW
Kleven LD - Guennette RD
Sogaard G

Boko good at his job, I’d add him too, he’s had a good playoffs, good at stirring the pot and Ottawa needs more of that.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Stephan Buddy Halliday is a great emergence on the Sens prospect pool, buddy's got hands that can set up goals and a stick that breaks plays/steals pucks here and there. We may have a legit top-9 prospect here with a full season of AHL under his belt, this and anything beyond is gravy. Really happy with his performance in the playoffs for Belleville.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Damn I didn't realize he has 8 points in 6 games in the playoffs. Dude is the anti Marner.

He excels in higher-level play, benefiting from the superior organization and player positioning, which allows his playmaking prowess to shine. The only limitation could be his skating ability, but if it's even average, his intelligence, hockey sense, and skillful hands will more than make up for it. He has a knack for controlling the tempo of the game to his advantage, which reminds me of a former player that we traded away for a 5'7 offensive dman that doesnt provide offence.

Like all previous prospects we had here, he would benefit greatly from a full season in the AHL with the occasional call up. I think he would only need one year though.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He is closer to Stone than Sokolov, in that he has agility so I can see him being able to improve his quickness and first few steps.

He must be very excited about how his game has translated to the minor pro level so I would expect a huge off-season and being ready to dominate at prospects camp. I agree he should get another year in the AHL, become a dominant scorer down there and then see where he can fit in to Ottawa.

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
skating can be worked on, hockey iq not.

i'm probably off but i get some blake wheeler vibes from halliday.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Going to miss the late round overagers Trent Mann drafted.

Trent Mann deserves massive props for his part of the rebuild, going to buy that man a beer if I ever meet him

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If you do, ask him ‘wtf were you thinking with Tyler Boucher pick’
I didn't want Boucher, and felt it was a reach, but it's really tough judge how bad a pick he was given how many injury set backs he's had. It's unfortunate because we'll likely never what he could have been, even if it was only being a fourth liner.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I didn't want Boucher, and felt it was a reach, but it's really tough judge how bad a pick he was given how many injury set backs he's had. It's unfortunate because we'll likely never what he could have been, even if it was only being a fourth liner.
I gotta look back but i thought he was also injured in his draft year. Definitely agree it was a stretch and the subsequent injuries definitely made it even worse. Feels like we wasted 3 years of 1st round picks from 21-23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad