C Semyon Der-Arguchintsev - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 76th, TOR)

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I said it at the draft and I'll say it again, this was a great pick by the Leafs. Literally the youngest player in the draft, and got heavily underrated due to playing on an awful team. The kid has so much talent though.

Odds are he'll never be anything, but it's a risk I would've taken as early as the second round.

Reactions: Deam78

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If two hab fans are praising a Leaf prospect, you know it was a good pick

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
If two hab fans are praising a Leaf prospect, you know it was a good pick
To tell you the truth, I liked the Leafs draft overall. Hollowel along with Sharangovich were two of my favourite overagers, SDA was atleast a second rounder for me, and Kral should've been gone by #100. Don't love Sandin but he's good value at that point.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnPLMYhV4AAkIAj.jpg:large

After being the best player at Toronto's rookie camp, SDA survived the first wave of cuts at training camp and is the only Leaf junior player still on the roster. Could get a few pre-season games as a 17 year old (youngest in draft). Scored in the shootout at today's scrim.

He turned 18 yesterday, the cut off is Sep. 15, so he is literally as young as you could get from the previous draft.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Point spent 2 seasons in the WHL +AHL (for a little bit) before making the Bolts in his d+3. Hopefully SDA can follow a similar path to the Leafs because if he can pan out that would be huge for the Leafs going forward to have a player like that on ELC with Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Kadri and Nylander all on long term deals.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Impressed with this kid.

Leafs sent all junior age players back today except for SDA. Hoping he can get into at least 1 pre-season game before he gets sent back to Peterborough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad