C Rasmus Kupari - Karpat, Liiga (2018, 20th, LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
I was watching that game for Kokkonen and Kotakniemi.
Kokkonen was good, Kotakniemi pretty meh but good defensively.
But boy did Kupari stand out, what a game. Dude was flying out there, everytime he was on the ice a good scoring chance was created for Finland.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
How promising he is? I admit IDK him. What looks to be his ceiling?

Damn, so much solid prospects from Finland lately I cant even follow all these players. Our basic level of competition in our leagues must be good right now, not otherwise would this many young players that could be argued top level prospects would pop out.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
How promising he is? I admit IDK him. What looks to be his ceiling?

Damn, so much solid prospects from Finland lately I cant even follow all these players. Our basic level of competition in our leagues must be good right now, not otherwise would this many young players that could be argued top level prospects would pop out.

It really is amazing how much talent Sweden and Finland have been pumping out considering their relatively small size.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Now 2 goals and 4 assists - Finland's scored a total of 7 goals.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
What happened to him last summer? :D

Like watching another player entirely. Thought Kotkaniemi was the forward to follow from this year's punch but Kupari's been faaar better. He's got the size and no issues with skating.

Was he in the plans for the Kärpät roster for the upcoming season? Guessing if not, that's about to change.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Kupari has been impressive as of late, still don't have him ahead of Jesper yet but he's getting close. Both seem to be on the rise this year. Kupari still needs to work on his shot a little bit and has a lacklustre frame but his speed and hands are impressive. Shows an impact wherever he goes on the ice.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
How does Kupari have a "lackluster frame", exactly? He's... 2cm shorter than Kotkaniemi?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
How does Kupari have a "lackluster frame", exactly? He's... 2cm shorter than Kotkaniemi?

Meaning nothing special. It's not bad. He's quite a well rounded player, and aside from his shot and filling out he doesn't have too much of an issue on the trail he's taking.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Meaning nothing special. It's not bad. He's quite a well rounded player, and aside from his shot and filling out he doesn't have too much of an issue on the trail he's taking.

I think 186cm is at least a bit above average? He might even grow to like 188 or more. Definitely not lackluster.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I think 186cm is at least a bit above average? He might even grow to like 188 or more. Definitely not lackluster.

188 is big man, 186 must be at least good size even in hockey. People shouldnt get carried away with height, its not all there is to hockey

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
So Kärpät announced that Kuokkanen won't be back in Finland for next season so that pretty much leaves one center spot for Kupari to get.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
188 is big man, 186 must be at least good size even in hockey. People shouldnt get carried away with height, its not all there is to hockey

Isn't the 4 best players in the world shorter than Kupari(McDavid, Crosby, Karlsson, Kane and then he'd be topped by Malkin or Doughty), heck even 3 the top 5players in history are shorter than 186cm(Orr, Gretzky, Howe and Crosby but he was allready mentioned). In reality when it comes to Defence Centers height apparently seems to help but even then Bergeron and Datsuyk are shorter and they're each one of the best defensive forwards of all time(at least IMO). I'm inclined to believe that height doesn't really matter that much in hockey unless your a gritty Defender and even that has been starting to get limited more and more each day. Kupari doesn't need to grow(he might need some weight though), he just needs to keep up the good work and improve and his stock will rise quickly.

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
I love this kid. Think he'll squeeze into the top 10 for sure. Has such a quick poised game and a joy to watch.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
It's not bad,
I'd just like to see him fill out here soon, he'd be a force. Not many weak areas.

Firstly, the average forward in the NHL is 184cm tall, so I can confirm Kupari is slightly above average in height already.

And I agree with you, he needs to fill out. It's the same as just about any other prospect. I'm fairly confident that his size won't hinder his NHL career at all, though.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Firstly, the average forward in the NHL is 184cm tall, so I can confirm Kupari is slightly above average in height already.

And I agree with you, he needs to fill out. It's the same as just about any other prospect. I'm fairly confident that his size won't hinder his NHL career at all, though.

I don't think it will, I was just identifying his needs now not his concerns 5 years down the road.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
So Kärpät announced that Kuokkanen won't be back in Finland for next season so that pretty much leaves one center spot for Kupari to get.

That's absolutely fantastic news. I do think this kid has a legit chance of grabbing position in the line up and I don't think it's going to be 4C. There would be no point in bringing young, extremely promising prospect into the roster to play scrap minutes. Can you tell anything about hows the forward depth looking for Kärpät this year? They tend to have one of the best groups year in year out, but what comes to FEL I usually just like watching and evaluating the promising youngsters. While I gotta admit the Tappara's playoff fewer at 15-16 kind of got to me. :)

Luckily Kärpät is very good organization what comes down to youth development and they tend to give their youngsters a chance to succeed in the main team provided that they are good enough. I do think Kupari is good enough and don't think his physical level will be an obstacle despite of not yet having a heavy core/build.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Pretty disappointing he was only able to score 1p in 2 games after his 5p performance. Did anyone catch those games? Was he shut down or just snake bitten?

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Pretty disappointing he was only able to score 1p in 2 games after his 5p performance. Did anyone catch those games? Was he shut down or just snake bitten?

In the Canada game the whole team played terribly. Didn't watch more than a few minutes of Russia game so don't know about that.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
While it might have been some what disappointing to see him not pick up where he left off in Slovakia game, I feel like he was still easily the most noticeable Finn in every game and he was noticeable every time he stepped on ice.

It's encouraging that he is able to standout even when he isn't scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad