C Olli Jokinen: Best hockey player on the interweb

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
According to Craig Button, Jokinen with Kane is unlikely to work because Jokinen couldn't find chemistry with one of the best players in the NHL (Iginla) so why would he have chemistry with Kane.

As much as I don't agree with Button too often, there may be some validity to his claim. Jokinen was suppose to be the answer in Phoenix where he was gawd awful and again failed to develop any chemistry with Doan who is a pretty darn good player himself.

That said, sometimes players just click with certain guys and not with others. Simply putting two very good hockey players together doesn't guarantee immediate chemistry. Here's hoping that OJ and EK can surprise and put some critics (myself included) to rest.

Sometimes the idea of "chemistry" is really subjective. Watching clips of Joki over the summer a lot of them talk about "amazing chemistry" between the two, while talking heads now talk about it being absent... Truth is probably somewhere on the middle and depends on the day.

2011-12 Iginla/Jokinen WOWY
Combo | GF/20
Iginla |0.459
Jokinen |0.618
Together |1.023

Last edited:

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but i think we need to temper our excitement about the Kane/Jokinen/Wellwood line a bit. Lets see how they do against opposition dmen in real game situations.

After 5-10 games, we should have an idea if this line will work and produce at the rate many of us hope.
Better production than Kane / Burmi / Welly is all I want.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
As for chemistry, it's a two-way street. Either it will happen with Kane or it won't.

The time with Iginla (although that looked good to me on paper) and Doan don't really have any bearing on this time with Kane. For better or worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad