C Noah Kosick - Pacific Coast Academy, CSSHL U18 (2026 Draft)

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Don’t believe he is eligible to represent the US.

I am not sure at all but EP has listed him as CAN/USA dual. Maybe his father met his mom during his Wolverines days or then EP is just wrong.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I am not sure at all but EP has listed him as CAN/USA dual. Maybe his father met his mom during his Wolverines days or then EP is just wrong.

you might be right, I’m going to ask around to see if I can find any answers.

I know he is thinking about NCAA opportunity’s .

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Much lower than the stats-driven hype would’ve figured. Although I don’t think anybody had him in the top 5 for the WHL draft at this point anyways.

Sorry to go all George here as I’m obviously just stats watching but his season in the CSSHL U15 division last year was right there with Savoie and Bedard as the most historically impressive from an U14 player.

This year, he was full time in the U18 division, which, don’t get me wrong - is still very impressive. And he’s still 4th all time from an U15 player in that age division but now well, well behind the likes of Bedard, Savoie and McKenna. And McKenna just last year had far more impressive stats while being about six months younger at the same stage.

Are we likely already seeing the effects of being this small take a bit of that impact edge off as he steps up? Is his being outside the top 10 for the WHL (let alone a hyped future NHL prospect) reflective of some risk even at the WHL level where it’s just an entirely new level of size and physicality from these kids?

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Wasn’t there some rumblings of possibly taking the college route? Wonder if that impacted, or would Calgary have a near guarantee if they’re taking him with this pick?

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
I still hold out hope that the Royals will somehow acquire Kosick. He is not big, but he oozes skill. 1-2-3 tonight in his second season of U18s, up to 2-4-6 in 2GP. He could lead the league in points as a 15 year old, like McKenna.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I still hold out hope that the Royals will somehow acquire Kosick. He is not big, but he oozes skill. 1-2-3 tonight in his second season of U18s, up to 2-4-6 in 2GP. He could lead the league in points as a 15 year old, like McKenna.

The last listed height is 5'4. I don't want to mean but until the kid at least grows 4+ inches, he won't be considered a prospect (even in the WHL or BCHL).

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
The last listed height is 5'4. I don't want to mean but until the kid at least grows 4+ inches, he won't be considered a prospect (even in the WHL or BCHL).
Indeed, he is a wee lad, but his Dad is supposedly 6', and he's only 15, so there's lots of time yet for him to grow.

CybershadeEDM

Sep 21, 2022
Really hope he hits a growth spurt soon. Kid looks really talented and I would hate to see his size ruin his chances of making the NHL.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He is a top 5 talent for the draft. The fact that his hometown Royals passed on him at 4th overall tells me he's likely headed to the BCHL instead. Most likely the Grizzlies since they have a solid program and also his hometown team.
Looks this way as he is now listed at 5'6" but only 119 lbs his draft class is literally growing past him.

Reactions: Bubbles

MikeyS

Aug 28, 2023
Looks this way as he is now listed at 5'6" but only 119 lbs his draft class is literally growing past him.
i would put money on him being a late bloomer in regards to his height + weight. He still looks super young, hasn’t put on much muscle mass yet and his father is 6’. I’d be surprised if he isn’t at least 5’10”.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
i would put money on him being a late bloomer in regards to his height + weight. He still looks super young, hasn’t put on much muscle mass yet and his father is 6’. I’d be surprised if he isn’t at least 5’10”.
He will make a good WHL player as he should play all 4 years and when his body matures even a bit watch out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad