C Mitchell Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015, 4th, TOR) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
With "Stupid Sexy" Nylander and Mitch "The Btch" Marner being a pesky offensive machine, all we need is the hockey luck to fall on the Leafs side for once for the 2016 NHL Draft.

AUSTON 3:16

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
what is everyone's projection as to Marner's PPG by season's end? 2.5? Could we see close to 3?

Somewhere between 2 and 2.5 ... imo closer to 2.5. Not 3...and I don't think more than 2.5. But I'm happy to be wrong!

Hunter keeps using Tkachuk, DVO, & Marner as the hotline which just blasts points...justifiably, they're great together...and they're exciting to watch...but I'd really like to see Marner spending more time at centre.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Marner looked great at center. Plays a two-way game and MDC could have easily scored a couple tonight.

I know Leafs fans are hung up on getting Matthews too but if I were them I'd be pretty happy with Marner, Nylander and Kadri down the middle going forward. I see a couple potential 1st line centers and a very good 2nd line center there.

Mackenzie said on tonights Leafs telecast that scouts were quite impressed with Marner in that game, and not just a couple scouts by the sounds of it. Hearing that from professionals is music to my ears.

Last edited by a moderator:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Marner, Timashov, and Bracco are good bets.

Doubt Nylander goes. Kapanen is a coin flip, depends on the health of our Marlies forwards.
Both will most likely go due to agreements (that are supposed to be in place) and the fact if they let one go and not the other it will piss off the other association. Sometimes it helps to throw these associations a bone, it can help develop ties to get information for your scouts. Getting coaches to pass on whether a guy is ahead case or potential sleepers is a valuable tool.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Both will most likely go due to agreements (that are supposed to be in place) and the fact if they let one go and not the other it will piss off the other association. Sometimes it helps to throw these associations a bone, it can help develop ties to get information for your scouts. Getting coaches to pass on whether a guy is ahead case or potential sleepers is a valuable tool.

Then I'd keep both.

Nylander is too far along in his development for this tournament. He's a point per game guy in the AHL playing against men. Other 16-19 year olds are unlikely to provide much of a challenge outside of going up head to head against maybe a guy like Matthews.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Nylander isn't going to the WJHC. I wish people would get off that idea, and no I have no info but come on..the kid has been there done that. We don't need him to go over..we get it he's talented. What he needs is to continue getting big minutes with the Marlies and developing his all around game.

Marner will be our main attraction to the WJHC and I think he's going to dominate

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Nylander isn't going to the WJHC. I wish people would get off that idea, and no I have no info but come on..the kid has been there done that. We don't need him to go over..we get it he's talented. What he needs is to continue getting big minutes with the Marlies and developing his all around game.

Marner will be our main attraction to the WJHC and I think he's going to dominate

If Nylander was a CHL draftee, given the Leafs new stance on player development, he'd likely still be in juniors. I have zero issue with him going over there and destroying the best players in his age group that the world has to offer.

Sep 18, 2009

Nylander is ggonnna go jus you watch mister

Shwaguy*

If Nylander was a CHL draftee, given the Leafs new stance on player development, he'd likely still be in juniors. I have zero issue with him going over there and destroying the best players in his age group that the world has to offer.

If Nylander were a CHL Draftee he'd likely be in the NHL. Just like Marner is likely in the NHL next year.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON

If Nylander isn't on the Leafs by that time, he'll be there whether the Leafs want him to or not.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
If Nylander isn't on the Leafs by that time, he'll be there whether the Leafs want him to or not.

People keep saying that the the leafs don't have a say if he's on the marlies. Where are people getting this? Does this IIHF clause have a source? Seems to be some people think leafs have a choice while others don't.

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Mackenzie said on tonights Leafs telecast that scouts were quite impressed with Marner in that game, and not just a couple scouts by the sounds of it. Hearing that from professionals is music to my ears.

For what its worth you completely undersold what Bob was saying about Marner.

The words he used were wow and special, not impressive :handclap:

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
So all the famous posts by leafs fans are true.

You actually think playing meaningless ahl Hockey would gain him more experience then playing at an international tournament watched by millions? The pace at the world juniors is more highly contested and paced then most NHL games will hinder his development?

Weird.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
So all the famous posts by leafs fans are true.

You actually think playing meaningless ahl Hockey would gain him more experience then playing at an international tournament watched by millions? The pace at the world juniors is more highly contested and paced then most NHL games will hinder his development?

Weird.

We both know this at this point: He would cleave through those kids like butter. I'm not against it, and I'd love him to go-but this is the truth.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Marner has a ton of raw natural talent and once it all comes together, he will be a force in the NHL. However his lack of size is extremely noticeable right now. He is easily knocked off of the puck and at the NHL level i fear that he will be vulnerable to injury. Hes fine when he is skating and eluding defenders, however when the play slows down (Babcock's main system) he is unable to really fight for possession in the corners.

Definitely feel like he will need time adjusting to the system and will spend time with the Marlies. This is an example of a player that should be in the AHL right now, but the transfer from junior rules are really getting in the way.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
Marner has a ton of raw natural talent and once it all comes together, he will be a force in the NHL. However his lack of size is extremely noticeable right now. He is easily knocked off of the puck and at the NHL level i fear that he will be vulnerable to injury. Hes fine when he is skating and eluding defenders, however when the play slows down (Babcock's main system) he is unable to really fight for possession in the corners.

Definitely feel like he will need time adjusting to the system and will spend time with the Marlies. This is an example of a player that should be in the AHL right now, but the transfer from junior rules are really getting in the way.

Mitch Marner is no longer 5'7 130lbs.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

I thought Babcock kept saying that he's going use speed.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Since he's playing in the OHL, it makes sense to play in a manner that is effective in the OHL. Does anyone feel differently?

Pretty much. I am sure Tarasenko, Lehtera, Malkin etc pulled off a bunch of moves in Europe that "wouldn't work in the NHL" but somehow they manage to do okay in the NHL. Who knew players could adapt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad