Confirmed with Link: C Micheal Haley re-signed - 1 year / $625k AAV

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
We needed at least one goon in the organization somewhere, I guess. I think I can be excused for not dancing in joy over such a vital signing.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
haley_zpsdglkngyy.jpg

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm almost more angry that I have to go back and correct my FA tracker table to remove Haley from the UFA side than I am ambivalent about Micheal Haley returning to the team. :laugh:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
He's a good guy to have on the AHL team. Will be generally peeved if he's the 1st call up.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
You knows he's a legit AHLer right?

Sure, I know he is, but he's not really a legit NHL'er. Up here, he's a goon. Down there, less so. As long as he stays down there except for a few games when they feel we need a designated face puncher, I'm fine with this. Just not a terribly exciting signing. Woo.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Good signing....for the Cuda...if they'll just leave him there...

I agree, but from what I've seen Chiarelli is building the Bruins of the west.

If Hendricks/Kassian/Nurse want to start ****, I'm sure Haley could handle it. He manhandled Nurse and Nurse is 6 inches taller than him. (Btw that felt oh so sweet after a whole month of Nurse being pumped up as a world beater that would clown anyone).

Lucic is a spot picker and isn't even a great fighter, Haley could do alright in that matchup too.

Other than that, I'd stash him in the A.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sure, I know he is, but he's not really a legit NHL'er. Up here, he's a goon. Down there, less so. As long as he stays down there except for a few games when they feel we need a designated face puncher, I'm fine with this. Just not a terribly exciting signing. Woo.

He serves a purpose, and does it well. Above average ahl player, face puncher in his short stints in the nhl.

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
He serves a purpose, and does it well. Above average ahl player, face puncher in his short stints in the nhl.

This. He's not am everyday nhler but he does serve a purpose. Not to mention I love his hustle and physicality when we have to bring him up to play once in a while. He's not bad for an emergency 4th line call up that's willing to be a primary ahl player

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area

Don't misunderstand me, I am in no way against this signing. I'm just fine with it. I am just not in the least excited about it. The deal earns a big fat "meh" from me. :laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Remember when Lucic got flipped upside down by Logan in the first game of the season?

Lucic almost looked more embarrassed that he was put in the air by Logan Couture than mad.:laugh:

Not that Couture is by any means a Nathan Gerbe or Brian Gionta. He can hold his own. That was probably the first awesome moment to kick off a really amazing 15-16 Sharks season.:nod:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
General Fanager is showing his contract value/cap hit as $625k. Dell too. And neither contract is tagged with the "unconfirmed" highlight, so I guess that means the value is legit?

Reasonable deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad