C/LW Pavel Zacha - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2015, 6th, NJD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Too bad Zacha is out, hopefully he'll get a few games with the Devils. All in all Devil prospects all played well in this series. Zacha, George, Speers and White who move on.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
I dont See as many people here criticizing zacha after he has been in beastmode the first couple of games in playoff. We're is the love when he is doing great.

Glad he showed what he is made off and love to read the post above about how other with some knowledge see and view him.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
I dont See as many people here criticizing zacha after he has been in beastmode the first couple of games in playoff. We're is the love when he is doing great.

Glad he showed what he is made off and love to read the post above about how other with some knowledge see and view him.

Don't get carried away, though. If he has a solid playoffs (granted his team gets out of this series), then things will change. But it's only been 4 games.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I want Zacha and the Sting to go on a nice run if they can but selfishly I'm also kind of hoping they get knocked out so Zacha can play in the AHL for the remainder of the year. Albany looks primed to make a good playoff run and I'd love for Zacha to contribute to that. It also gets him acclimated to the pro game a little bit and once New Jersey's season is over, and a few guys get sent down for Albany's run, then he can play with some future teammates too.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Don't get carried away, though. If he has a solid playoffs (granted his team gets out of this series), then things will change. But it's only been 4 games.

Nothing will change except your perception of him. He was chosen at #6 in a stacked draft for a reason.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Nothing will change except your perception of him. He was chosen at #6 in a stacked draft for a reason.

You seem to think I've got something personal against him? I've seen him live countless times and I've just never seen him put it all together (the elite skills, yes he has them) consistently. It's pleasant to see him doing it for four games but I'm simply implying that 4 games isn't going to erase 2 season in the OHL. :shakehead

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
You seem to think I've got something personal against him? I've seen him live countless times and I've just never seen him put it all together (the elite skills, yes he has them) consistently. It's pleasant to see him doing it for four games but I'm simply implying that 4 games isn't going to erase 2 season in the OHL. :shakehead
Well there is a good chance we can compare him to Mikko Rantanen in a few days. There is a very good chance Albany goes deep in the AHL playoffs and Zacha could very well be a big part of that.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Well there is a good chance we can compare him to Mikko Rantanen in a few days. There is a very good chance Albany goes deep in the AHL playoffs and Zacha could very well be a big part of that.

And I happily await that scenario. I really have nothing against him, I just thought given tons of live viewings I'd pitch in my opinion. I hope he strings it together, because he can be such a good player when he's on his game.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
And I happily await that scenario. I really have nothing against him, I just thought given tons of live viewings I'd pitch in my opinion. I hope he strings it together, because he can be such a good player when he's on his game.
No I probably agree with you on consistency. I brought it up earlier.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey

Sorry. I'm used to fending off the haters. The day he's able to put it all together consistently will be a scary one for the opposition.

While I'd rather he make the Devils next year, if he does get sent back to Sarnia I'd expect a huge leap in production. Every game he gets more dangerous.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Sorry. I'm used to fending off the haters. The day he's able to put it all together consistently will be a scary one for the opposition.

While I'd rather he make the Devils next year, if he does get sent back to Sarnia I'd expect a huge leap in production. Every game he gets more dangerous.
I can't see him playing in the CHL next year, eased in as a 19 year old winger is more likely. A long AHL playoff run would go a long way in his development.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I'm selfishly hoping the Sting get eliminated too. Albany would be loaded with Zacha, Blandisi, Boucher, Severson, etc. Plus that means Blake Speers would keep tearing it up for the Soo.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Zacha's biggest issue is definitely consistency. Part of that is due to him not being a consistent performer, and part of it is due to the injuries and suspensions he has had. The physical skills are all there, his defensive IQ is high, he has a mean streak you can't teach which does get him in trouble, but he's struggled to put it all together. Ideally he is up with the Devils next year and being taught and mentored by our coaching staff and veterans.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Big time Zacha fan. I think he gets too much hate. I think his game is better suited to translate to the NHL than others. The points do not concern me as much as others either. Especially when he's shown flashes of producing at high levels for extended stretches.

I think he turns into a very very solid player for NJ.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
12 points in 6 games for Zacha. Absolutely carrying his team's offense.

Edit: and look at that. He's #4 in playoff scorining.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
12 points in 6 games for Zacha. Absolutely carrying his team's offense.

Edit: and look at that. He's #4 in playoff scorining.
tied for 3rd unless you want to use the goal tie breaker, a couple guys ended their series earlier and have better ppg (Strome, Foegele and Debrincat), Alex Nylander missed the first game of his series and has 11 pts in 5. Zacha is still putting up points when his team needs it though, now lets see if he can avoid the upset on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad