C/LW Lias Andersson (2017, 7th, NYR, traded to LAK)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
It's a real bummer, but I also like that he will have had those few extra weeks to play in the AHL and be within reach of the Rangers staff.

He's been good in his NA-pro debut.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Up to 5 points in his first 6 AHL games

Filip Chytil has 21 in 26
After looking lost a bit, Lias is getting better and better in the AHL
One/both will get looks after the deadline I’m guessing

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Did this guy sleep with you guys' moms or sisters? That is the only thing that can explain the amount of vitriol against him in this thread
It’s because he’s a “safe” 2 way player and not flashy like Mittelstadt
Lias actually has some nice dekes if you watch him closely and the amount of travel/teams he’s been through this past year is pretty crazy and he’s excelling still

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
He's going to be a good player. 2nd line center good for 50~ points a season while being responsible defensively. Nothing wrong with that. Very safe, good young player.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Lias actually has some nice dekes if you watch him closely and the amount of travel/teams he’s been through this past year is pretty crazy and he’s excelling still
He’s much better than Mittelstadt

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
That “flashy” Mittlestalt didbt even crack PPG in NCAA and some people still call him the top 3 player in 2017 draft

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
That “flashy” Mittlestalt didbt even crack PPG in NCAA and some people still call him the top 3 player in 2017 draft
Because WJC is the place where reputation is made. Especially among fans, even more so among more casual ones.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Because WJC is the place where reputation is made. Especially among fans, even more so among more casual ones.
Lias honestly impressed me more with his defense. I don’t think he’ll be the offensive player Mittelstadt would be though but much better all around and I’m positive he’s a captain for us in a few years. I’ll take Mittelfat though going forward because of offensive potential and just hope Howden can be what Lias is projected to be.

Habs888

Mar 15, 2018
He was overrated for sure
Saw him play at wjc and its the style of player that never stop working..not the best pure skills but very good work ethic..cam be a very good captain in thr future for nyr...sure he can do 50pts in nhl at 20-21.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Lias honestly impressed me more with his defense. I don’t think he’ll be the offensive player Mittelstadt would be though but much better all around and I’m positive he’s a captain for us in a few years. I’ll take Mittelfat though going forward because of offensive potential and just hope Howden can be what Lias is projected to be.

Howden will play behind Andersson and Zibanejad down the middle probably.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Saw him play at wjc and its the style of player that never stop working..not the best pure skills but very good work ethic..cam be a very good captain in thr future for nyr...sure he can do 50pts in nhl at 20-21.
I think they were talking about Middlestadt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad