C Jaret Anderson-Dolan (2017, 41st, LAK)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
28 points in 53 games in his first AHL season.

What do Kings fans project as his NHL upside? Could he be a top 6 forward?

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey

I think middle-6 centre has always been his ceiling, bringing invaluable energy and two-way play while also having the skill to make things happen on his own.

I don’t know nearly enough about his first pro season to say how he’s trending, although I do remember reading how Kings fans have been thrilled with his training camp and preseason play since he was drafted.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

He will be a fantastic 3rd line center who could fill in on the top lines whenever there are injuries. The stats at the AHL level are not eye popping, but the King development staff can't stop gushing about him and his work ethic. He probably could have easily played in the NHL last year and this year, but the Kings are hoping that he can continue to develop his skills in the AHL instead. With our depth at center I don't think he'll be more than a 3rd line center.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Yes the Kings are apparently very high on him. If he could turn into a Jarret Stoll type they would be thrilled. Heck we all would be.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I think middle-6 centre has always been his ceiling, bringing invaluable energy and two-way play while also having the skill to make things happen on his own.

I don’t know nearly enough about his first pro season to say how he’s trending, although I do remember reading how Kings fans have been thrilled with his training camp and preseason play since he was drafted.

I agree with Dominance's assessment.

Not looking like he'll be offensively dominant, though I'm not certain that was ever a thought. But he's pretty high skill for his apparent role. I could see him masquerading on the 2nd line wing or something as a 20-20-40 guy but yeah, our AHL staff just cannot find a bad thing to say about him, no weaknesses in his game. Just high skill, high energy, high character, high grit, high IQ. If he's in your top six you're probably not a winning team, but as a middle six guy, he's projecting to be a stud in that role. A guy you don't have to hide from any matchup. Sort of like Trevor Lewis, where he CAN fit anywhere and play with anyone, but I do think he'll be more of a 40-point guy, Justin Williams lite.

I think as @kingsboy11 says he could've been in the NHL all year but his extra AHL development should be great for his offensive confidence and puck skills, more so than 10-12 NHL minutes a game would have been this year.

I know that 'character' can feel like sort of a cop out assessment of prospects but the Kings have come loaded with guys with that sort of leadership pedigree--Bjornfot, Turcotte, Thomas, etc.--but JAD might be the one most lauded of all of them in that regard.

Reactions: Dominance

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
First NHL goal!

latest

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
How has he looked defensively and taking face offs.

congrats on his first goal.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
How has he looked defensively and taking face offs.

congrats on his first goal.

Like a seasoned vet. Always knows just where to be and has the rockets to get there.

Faceoffs--he'll learn. but improving. 50% the other night. 67% previous. 25% against vegas.

He's been a bright spot in every game he's played. Obviously no guaranteeing it will continue to be as rosy--but the effort is always there.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
He's so good. I feel like he was written off a bit because he debuted with the Kings just after he was drafted then spent a couple years marinating, but man is he going to be good. He honestly still has the potential to take over as the second line center.

Reactions: Dominance

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
He's so good. I feel like he was written off a bit because he debuted with the Kings just after he was drafted then spent a couple years marinating, but man is he going to be good. He honestly still has the potential to take over as the second line center.
LA’s young, talented centre depth is truly incredible.

Byfield
Vilardi
Turcotte
JAD
Thomas
Kupari

That’s just off the top of my head. Ridiculous.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So after weirdly being held down this year, he's coming up on waiver ineligibility. He'll either be on the Kings or another team next year. Deadline bait? I hope not. But the Kings are loaded at C; they've had JAD playing both positions and his utility means he could still be very useful. I personally hope he's taking the 4th line wing spot from Kaliyev when he moves up as Lizotte has been wonderful and the 3 other C spots are pretty spoken for for now. But he's done everything you could ask for from him--4 game goal streak now, tied for the AHL lead in PPG, can play all situations. Dude is a gamer. 29 points in 32 games for a guy who has filled in every blank on the AHL roster.

Just an update because he's been off the radar this year I think, heh. One of the Kings' 'forgotten' prospects who stands to make a HUGE bottom six impact and I think the overripening has been good for his offensive development (which was the question).

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
So after weirdly being held down this year, he's coming up on waiver ineligibility. He'll either be on the Kings or another team next year. Deadline bait? I hope not. But the Kings are loaded at C; they've had JAD playing both positions and his utility means he could still be very useful. I personally hope he's taking the 4th line wing spot from Kaliyev when he moves up as Lizotte has been wonderful and the 3 other C spots are pretty spoken for for now. But he's done everything you could ask for from him--4 game goal streak now, tied for the AHL lead in PPG, can play all situations. Dude is a gamer. 29 points in 32 games for a guy who has filled in every blank on the AHL roster.

Just an update because he's been off the radar this year I think, heh. One of the Kings' 'forgotten' prospects who stands to make a HUGE bottom six impact and I think the overripening has been good for his offensive development (which was the question).

LA has so many young guys looking to snag roster spots and I’m just not sure how they’ll fit them all in. We could realistically be looking at

Kempe - Kopitar - Kaliyev
Iafallo - Byfield - Vilardi
Turcotte
- Danault - Arvidsson
JAD - Lizotte - Moore

That’s to say nothing of guys like Lemieux, Brown, Kupari, Grundstrom, Andersson, Madden, and Fagemo.

Still, I hope LA finds room for these guys. JAD is going to be a really effective bottom six guy who can play up the lineup if need be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad