C Jacob Olofsson - Timra IK J20, Sweden (2018, 56th, MON)

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Similar to DLR, who showed promise but was rushed. DLR is a better skater but Olofsson is more toolsy, mainly in hands and shot. Also better league production.
DLR was drafted at a time when more weight was put on size and physical/defensive play, doubt he'd have went in the 2nd round this year

I can't recall him really ever showing offensive skills like Olofsson mind you at least he didn't look like a black hole at the end of the season on a line with Chucky so maybe there's hope

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
DLR was drafted at a time when more weight was put on size and physical/defensive play, doubt he'd have went in the 2nd round this year

I can't recall him really ever showing offensive skills like Olofsson mind you at least he didn't look like a black hole at the end of the season on a line with Chucky so maybe there's hope

He was awesome internationally. He showed a lot offensively there and thats why he was rated there.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I’ll be pretty upset if this guy is around for the Rangers late 1sts and we don’t draft him. I don’t see him making it to the 2nd. He seems like one of the safer picks outside of the top tier players. I have him ranked around 20.
Made it all the way to #56. This was a free pick for the Habs for the Plekanec rental late in the year.

Reactions: QJL

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I wanted the isles to pick him or Tychonik with their second 2nd round pick.

Awesome pick for the Habs.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

He has 6 goals, 10 points in 15 games. Only 2 players in Allsvenskan Qualifications have scored more goals. Among U-23 skaters, he leads in goals and 2nd in points.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
3 points game huh. Is he becoming something? Is there still hope there?

I'm still assuming the Habs don't sign him. Injuries have impacted his development but it is interesting to see him have such a good run here as offense has been the big question mark with him as without it you are looking at a lesser Jacob de la rose. But he's a big center with NHL size, skating and speed that plays solid in his own end. If the Habs think they can develop him into a future 4th line center, might not be a bad idea to give him his 2 year ELC but I would be surprised if they did.

Reactions: Sam de Mtl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad