C Henrik Borgström - HIFK, Liiga (2016, 23rd, FLA; traded to CHI)

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
being a ducks fan i watch Denver a bit (Troy Tery). Terry is good, but I feel Borgstrom is pretty special - I just see his skills being very effective at the NHL level.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Borgstom is going to be fantastic. One of the most underrated prospects around.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Really like him, his hands are something else.

Here's hoping he can make it work at the next level, need more players with that kind of skill

HerculePoirot

Mar 9, 2012
Rackel's scored more than 30 goals this season. I hope you realize a rich man's Rakell is a maurice richard contender at the moment?

Yup. If Borg can even match Rakell's goal scoring touch, it would be great. Maybe the poster means other qualities that Borg has, e.g. size and everything that comes with it, dunno. If he can develop a mean streak with that frame it would be scary, huh?

Reactions: Ippenator

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Yup. If Borg can even match Rakell's goal scoring touch, it would be great. Maybe the poster means other qualities that Borg has, e.g. size and everything that comes with it, dunno. If he can develop a mean streak with that frame it would be scary, huh?
I referred him to "rich man's" Rakell as with slightly better playmaking skills, not necessarily him to be on another level in comparison. Sorry for the confusion. Talking about his potential of course, I'll be happy if he ends up "only" as good as him.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Here my impressions of Borgstrom as a fan after watching the Frozen four championship:

Borstrom didn't have a great game on Saturday night.

He did make solid plays in the offensive zone to maintain possession and generate shots. When he initiates contact to get the puck, he was surprisingly effective. Looked good carrying the puck in the neutral zone.

He looked tentative defensively, like he was trying to think about where he should be and what he should do. Missed a couple chances to clear the puck at the end of the game (was trying to chip and not ice the puck). He did take a couple of hits to make these chips, even though they didn't work out great.

Minnesota obviously realized he was threat and was trying to limit his time with the puck.

He has great instincts offensively and the hands/skating ability to leverage those instincts., However, he has average or below average instincts defensively. In the NHL, there will be times where he will have to make a simpler play instead of attempting to stick handle through one or two players.

Not sure how Jim Montgomery was using him given Denver's injuries and how he usually deploys his roster at the end of the game, but it looked like Borgstrom was being double shifted...picking 4th line shifts.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Offensively reminds me of Datsyuk. He seems to create something every shift and just have fun with the puck skating circles around defensemen. If he can transfer some of that dominance to NHL I'll be really happy. When he gets more strength and explosiveness he can be one hell off a player. Love his rockstar attitude on the ice with those cool celebrations.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Scored a hat trick tonight. Now has 8 goals and 4 assists in 6 games. Definately great start to the season considering he suffered mono just before the season.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Sure that's only better. But IF Borgström ever ends up as good as he could become, he will be the number two. Either way, it's a good TOP9 Centre line.
It's not guaranteed he will play as a center in the NHL.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
If these young Finns pan out as well as they look like right now, the Panthers could really have the best overall centers in the whole league. Although if that happens I could see one of them playing mostly as a winger or maybe a big trade happening for getting a quality goalie or a defenceman?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sure that's only better. But IF Borgström ever ends up as good as he could become, he will be the number two. Either way, it's a good TOP9 Centre line.

He could, but Trocheck seems to be well loved in Florida and the fans are expecting him to get a C.
I think more likely Borgstrom ends up on the W with Trocheck.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Barkov, Borgström, Heponiemi, Trochek could be ridiculous punch if they pan out but probably one could end up traded or playing on the wing.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Looks pretty good. What's his weight at the moment? I fear the mono could set him back regarding NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad