C Filip Bystedt - Linköping HC J20, J20 Nationell (2022, 27th, SJS)

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Inconsistent offensively at the Hlinka but was a puck hound on the defensive side of things. He's got the size and defensive instincts to be a good 3rd/4th line guy. There might be some more offense hidden in there that we don't know about yet.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think @OgeeOgelthorpe has it pretty on point. He's at least a mid-rounder as a big guy that can skate and play center, but his offensive game isn't that great. Probably could project into a bottom six role, if needed. Maybe more offense comes later.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Can anyone tell me if he is currently playing center or wing?

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Swedish centre Filip Bystedt had a strong draft season, impressing in the Swedish J20 league and on the international stage. Playing in the Linkoping HC system, Bystedt was one of the best players in the Swedish junior league. He put up 16 goals and 33 assists for 49 points in 40 games for the J20 team. He also added one goal and nine assists for ten points in eight playoff games. Bystedt led the league in assists in both the regular season and playoffs. He also helped Linkoping to the J20 Championship. Bystedt also had some time in the J18 league. In two games he scored one goal and three points. He also earned an SHL call-up, though ice time was a bit hard to come by for the 17-year-0ld. In 15 games, Bystedt scored one goal and one assist.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
The black book had major complaints about his compete. Any validity to that? When I saw him I didn’t think he’s a power forward but I also didn’t think he’s as soft as goat cheese.

Reactions: Sandisfan

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
First pick all night that feels a bit of a reach - this is higher than basically all the scouting services had him higher. To be fair, not that big of a reach. But potentially a bit of one nonetheless. You can't teach size though and this is a BIG boy.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
If you are already bigger than most and don't use that size... you better have high high end skill and he doesn't. He will be a career Swedish League player.. one of the worst picks of the first round.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Pretty sad to see the sharks revert to their old way of the safe depth players, but maybe thats what this new regime entails.
Except nothing about Bystedt is safe. There’s no guarantee that he ever makes the NHL in any capacity.

I’m sick of people saying that a pick is “safe” because they’re big. Bystedt is a low ceiling, low floor pick.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Bystedt is a good player and he’s not a reach. The so called ”experts” on the draft broadcast should just shut up and so should everyone else who haven’t seen him play. Hate watching this sometimes.

Reactions: Sandisfan

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Bystedt is a good player and he’s not a reach. The so called ”experts” on the draft broadcast should just shut up and so should everyone else who haven’t seen him play. Hate watching this sometimes.
Tell us something about him then?

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Welcome Filip.
At this point I don't have a lot to add other than it seems a reach.
Was this a late in the game tack towards Grier's vision?

Can this guy become our EEK?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad