C David Gustafsson (2018, 60th, WPG)

HolyJumpin40

May 15, 2014
I was watching some Jonatan Berggren highlights and while he drove a lot of the plays, this kid does a good job of finding the open ice.

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Welcome to the Jets David Gustavsson! over 70% in the faceoff circle. Good size and playing in the SHL this up and coming year.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Seems to have some attributes similar to Lowry. Less size, but maybe better hands. If his skating gets there, could be a very nice pick.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Tough to see in this video, but on the TSN highlights he looks shocked, shocked I say, when he finds out he scored. So awesome, glad to see him get rewarded.

Yeah I noticed that too. It seemed like it took him a while to realize that he scored haha.

Reactions: DuckyChuck

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Jets got a good one, and my eye tests says he seems to be developing nicely in Winnipeg. This guy deserves to stay up all year. He's one of those early bloomers that's built like an absolute tank, sending him anywhere other than the NHL would be a disservice to the player.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Jets got a good one, and my eye tests says he seems to be developing nicely in Winnipeg. This guy deserves to stay up all year. He's one of those early bloomers that's built like an absolute tank, sending him anywhere other than the NHL would be a disservice to the player.
He's playing 6 minutes a game, so not really.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Does Winnipeg want him to develop his full game or they've accepted that he'll only be a fourth line guy for their team? Has the team given their explanation for why they are using him as a 12th NHL forward at age 18/19? Thats a strategy teams usually don't use for a second round pick.

Reactions: wetcoast

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Does Winnipeg want him to develop his full game or they've accepted that he'll only be a fourth line guy for their team? Has the team given their explanation for why they are using him as a 12th NHL forward at age 18/19? Thats a strategy teams usually don't use for a second round pick.
I think they are developing to play a defensive C role, in the bottom 6. He's likely going to need to hone his game and develop some more pace and confidence, but seems like a solid bet as a 3C / 4C NHL role in the near future.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Down the stretch he was the top line C for the our farm team the Moose. He was getting used in all situations and had 7 points i bhis last 7 games.

While he will always be known for his play without the puck the Jets look to be allowing him to develop his offense in the AHL. How high he gets will be up to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad