Connor McDavid #97
Center Shoots Left | 6'1" 190 lbs
BIRTH: 1997-01-13, Richmond Hill, ON, CAN
Statistics
Previous Thread

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
When Shanny was asked at his presser today if winning the lottery would speed things up, he got extremely giddy. Like he asked if it was okay to smile. Shanny might be one of the coolest no emotion kind of guys in the entire NHL.

I know we are all in love with McJesus but watching Shanny, a former star in this league who has played with the best and rarely gets too jacked up, ask the media if he could smile, really hit home for me.

McDavid is going to be an absolute generational superstar.

Fans know it, players know it, GMs know it.....he probably knows it.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
When Shanny was asked at his presser today if winning the lottery would speed things up, he got extremely giddy. Like he asked if it was okay to smile. Shanny might be one of the coolest no emotion kind of guys in the entire NHL.

I know we are all in love with McJesus but watching Shanny, a former star in this league who has played with the best and rarely gets too jacked up, ask the media if he could smile, really hit home for me.

Here's hoping he tears Shanny's leafs a new ******* for the next 15 years.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
The only down side is he won't be playing for my team. It's going to be really interesting to watch his career in the NHL.

Any team that didn't make the playoffs has a chance. Odds are it might be a team outside the top four too. Saturday is going to be nuts on here! I like the panthers, but feel like you guys have some pretty good young talent. Wouldn't mind Toronto getting him tbh. Toronto or Buffalo

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Any team that didn't make the playoffs has a chance. Odds are it might be a team outside the top four too. Saturday is going to be nuts on here! I like the panthers, but feel like you guys have some pretty good young talent. Wouldn't mind Toronto getting him tbh. Toronto or Buffalo
Oh my god, you're right. For some reason, I never thought of that. Should be like going to a comedy club. :laugh:

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
An artist of such magnitude won't come around again for a very very long time, it's been a treat to follow his junior years, it'll only get bigger and better but there's something special when they're just prospects.

It was amazing to watch his progression these 3 years and it'll be even more scintillating to see him as a professional.

And cheers to the day we can watch Crosby and McDavid line up as Canada's top 2 centre's in 2018! :)

MilanKraft*

All these people don't know anything......

Looking forward to mcdavid ' s 50-60 goal campaigns. ...

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
All these people don't know anything......

Looking forward to mcdavid ' s 50-60 goal campaigns. ...

I'd say Joe Thornton-prime assist numbers are what I'd be expecting out of the choice of that, or a 60 goal campaign..

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
He will be eligible only for the U23 team, won't he?

2018 would be the Olympics (provided the NHL will be participating) and not the gimmicky World Cup 2016 with its gimmicky teams. He'll be on the 2016 Young Gunz team.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
How has McDavid coped with the, supposed, increased physicality in playoffs? Does the opponent have a shadow for him?

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I see the stats, but for those who have watched the games: Does he get irritated by the increased physicality? Is there signs that someone could get under his skin? Has he even been tested in that regard?

He has a good deal of push-back and he gets shadowed a lot but it hasn't thrown him off his game whatsoever. He has some nice to his game and likes to dish it out to opponents sometimes but he doesn't get overly frustrated in the process.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008

Oh my god, you're right. For some reason, I never thought of that. Should be like going to a comedy club. :laugh:

Imagine next years draft rules were in place? With all three top picks going to lottery. That'd be pretty crazy/exciting.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
How has McDavid coped with the, supposed, increased physicality in playoffs? Does the opponent have a shadow for him?

He's doing really well. If there's a player that being affected it's probably DeBrincat. In the Sarnia series DeBrincat was taking more then a few dumb penalties after being frustrated. McDavid has just been plowing through the playoffs quite well. Sarnia had a player literally hanging off of him every game. London hasn't tried that yet.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
2018 would be the Olympics (provided the NHL will be participating) and not the gimmicky World Cup 2016 with its gimmicky teams. He'll be on the 2016 Young Gunz team.

Honestly, I'm cheering for the Young Gunz. #FightThePower haha

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
He's doing really well. If there's a player that being affected it's probably DeBrincat. In the Sarnia series DeBrincat was taking more then a few dumb penalties after being frustrated. McDavid has just been plowing through the playoffs quite well. Sarnia had a player literally hanging off of him every game. London hasn't tried that yet.

I dunno about that. Dvorak was on him last game quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad