C Connor Bedard - Regina Pats, WHL (2023 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
I see posters pointing out how much faster McDavid was, or how small Bedard is, and they look at this as flaws for Bedard to become a pro. I'm not putting these expectations on Bedard, but I wonder what some of these posters would say about how fast Gretzky was, or slight of build, or how his shot wasn't even hard. What makes Bedard seem so exceptional to me is that in spite of not being the fastest or biggest guy, he is so smart offensively. Yes his start of the season was slow, but his underlying numbers were exceptional.

He is an exceptional player and will continue to develop. I personally think he will develop into a generational player. And lets wait and see where his stats are at the end of the season, because if he keeps playing the way he has the last handful of games, his numbers will bear out why so many are bullish on him.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I see posters pointing out how much faster McDavid was, or how small Bedard is, and they look at this as flaws for Bedard to become a pro. I'm not putting these expectations on Bedard, but I wonder what some of these posters would say about how fast Gretzky was, or slight of build, or how his shot wasn't even hard. What makes Bedard seem so exceptional to me is that in spite of not being the fastest or biggest guy, he is so smart offensively. Yes his start of the season was slow, but his underlying numbers were exceptional.

He is an exceptional player and will continue to develop. I personally think he will develop into a generational player. And lets wait and see where his stats are at the end of the season, because if he keeps playing the way he has the last handful of games, his numbers will bear out why so many are bullish on him.
Bedard will be more than fine. Don't worry about it.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton

He is the most talented and intelligent prospect FOR HIS AGE I have seen. That's not to say he'll be as good as McDavid but in terms of stick handling, shot and hockey IQ at both ends he's farther along. McDavid I would say is a better playmaker but Bedard is no slouch.

That said Im a 92 so I wasn't around for Gretz, Lemieux or Lindros.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I went to a Pats game earlier this year. When other players missed the net and hit the glass with their shots, it was a dull thud. When Bedard missed the net, it was a loud crack. It just highlighted to me the difference in the shot which is NHL ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad