C Aleksi Heponiemi- Modo, Hockey Allsvenskan, Sweden (2017, 40th, FLA)

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
He has nowhere near the shot arsenal of Tippett. IQ is such a hard term to examine though.
his point was u can be a hockey moron which tippett seems to be, and still rack up goals. tippett is not some goal scoring genius or he wouldnt have gone 10th overall, he wouldve gone top 3. hes just a big body with a good shot and decent speed. thatll get u far in juniors. itll get u nowhere in the nhl. he needs to learn whats going on around him if hes gonna have an impact and we need that to happen by next season. this ones obviously lost and we cant have another losing season. and u know that tallon/owners arent bringing in anyone in ufa. so its up to him and borgstrom to turn this thing around. not that it matters much with our defense set in terrible stone.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
his point was u can be a hockey moron which tippett seems to be, and still rack up goals. tippett is not some goal scoring genius or he wouldnt have gone 10th overall, he wouldve gone top 3. hes just a big body with a good shot and decent speed. thatll get u far in juniors. itll get u nowhere in the nhl. he needs to learn whats going on around him if hes gonna have an impact and we need that to happen by next season. this ones obviously lost and we cant have another losing season. and u know that tallon/owners arent bringing in anyone in ufa. so its up to him and borgstrom to turn this thing around. not that it matters much with our defense set in terrible stone.
How does tippett seem to be a hockey moron? You have no evidence minus you don’t like him. Your opinion is a joke.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
24 game point streak; 17g+42a=59pts (2.46 ppg avg)

Aleksi Heponiemi has sustained a 2.46 point per game avg
for 24 games now...that's crazy. I don't see any reason's why he
couldn't keep his streak/pace for the rest of the regular season.

28 games left for Broncos in the regular season = 28 x 2,5 ish = 70 ish
- that would give him around 150 points,not record braking (i think),
but crazy superb nevertheless,considering he would of played total 60 games.

He can/could end up with these numbers: 60ga-41g+109a=150 pts (2.5 ppg)
- so that's slightly higher than his current (2.48) ppg avg,but i think he can do it :)

Reactions: Ippenator

Monaakko

Oct 8, 2011
Finland
Incredible, still only 2 pointless games (out of 32) all season. He also matched last seasons assist total (58) in 40 fewer games (still 7 points short of last seasons total points). Will be interesting to see if he can regain the scoring lead before the season is over, currently on pace for 148 points in 60 games (Brayden Burke, current leader, on pace for 142 in 70).

Broncos have also significantly improved secondary scoring, so we'll see how that affects Heponiemis production.

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Incredible, still only 2 pointless games (out of 32) all season. He also matched last seasons assist total (58) in 40 fewer games (still 7 points short of last seasons total points). Will be interesting to see if he can regain the scoring lead before the season is over, currently on pace for 148 points in 60 games (Brayden Burke, current leader, on pace for 142 in 70).

Broncos have also significantly improved secondary scoring, so we'll see how that affects Heponiemis production.

Those trades did good. Broncos are back on the race,Moose Jaw Warriors might still be the favorites,but...
Broncos trades made them better what they were before,leagues best 1st line might be difference maker.

Howard Beale

Apr 7, 2010
Sorry if this has been answered, but HockeyDB and Elite Prospects both list this kid as weighing 147-148 pounds. Is he seriously that light, or are those numbers outdated, and he's bigger now?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Sorry if this has been answered, but HockeyDB and Elite Prospects both list this kid as weighing 147-148 pounds. Is he seriously that light, or are those numbers outdated, and he's bigger now?

He is that "light" . I don't think his weight is big of an issue,160 lbs weight should be quite enough for him in the NHL.
quality over quantity,hockey IQ over everything and speed kills

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
How does tippett seem to be a hockey moron? You have no evidence minus you don’t like him. Your opinion is a joke.
no evidence? I've seen him play in the NHL and in juniors. Where else should I be gathering evidence? his diary? his coaches saying he needs to clean up his play away from the puck is their nice way of saying hes dumb. this is how all coaches say a player doesnt yet know what hes doing and they dont just mean defensively. whether he'll figure it out remains to be seen but right now hes got no hockey IQ. I didnt say hes a terrible player. Offensive gifts are what we're starving for, so I just hope it translates. I'm not as high on him as Borgstrom, Hepo. and both of them were taken later than him.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
no evidence? I've seen him play in the NHL and in juniors. Where else should I be gathering evidence? his diary? his coaches saying he needs to clean up his play away from the puck is their nice way of saying hes dumb. this is how all coaches say a player doesnt yet know what hes doing and they dont just mean defensively. whether he'll figure it out remains to be seen but right now hes got no hockey IQ. I didnt say hes a terrible player. Offensive gifts are what we're starving for, so I just hope it translates. I'm not as high on him as Borgstrom, Hepo. and both of them were taken later than him.

I personally thought Tippett’s best attribute was his hockey IQ when he played in the nhl.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
8 points away from tying the WHL scoring leader despite playing in 11 less games. That's ridiculous. Kid needs better competition asap.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
That means he needs to get better defensively :laugh: talk about reaching for the moon.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
You’re not an expert scout. That’s not the actual meaning you just are clueless. Brokin 3.
sorry i dont get ur brokin 3 reference. im not a long termer on these boards and im banned every other word so i cant keep up with inside jokes. if we all needed to be scouts to post on these boards, thered be no point in them existing for the public. ur not a scout either. were just people. and im a person who thinks hes a dumb player. ur a slightly wronger person who thinks hes not.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
8 points away from tying the WHL scoring leader despite playing in 11 less games. That's ridiculous. Kid needs better competition asap.

You mean like the WJC? hahahah I was definitely a bit disappointed with his production there. But I mean the entire tourny for the Fins was mildy disappointing.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
sorry i dont get ur brokin 3 reference. im not a long termer on these boards and im banned every other word so i cant keep up with inside jokes. if we all needed to be scouts to post on these boards, thered be no point in them existing for the public. ur not a scout either. were just people. and im a person who thinks hes a dumb player. ur a slightly wronger person who thinks hes not.
Your opinion means nothing on this board. You’ve been proven wrong quite a lot on these boards. You have no sort of player evaluation skills. So your agenda is actually lame.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
You mean like the WJC? hahahah I was definitely a bit disappointed with his production there. But I mean the entire tourny for the Fins was mildy disappointing.
Not Hepos fault he played with garbage players who can’t keep up with him.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Can someone please explain who is Owen Tippett* and why is he in Aleksi Heponiemi thread?
*obviously i know who he is,just wanted to make a point :)

#wheresmodswhenyouneadem

---

Next Hepo's game is at Toyota Center, Tri-City Americans home arena, in Kennewick,Washington. -> next Thursday

member 297479

Saw him play against the Oil Kings last month. Striked me as a sneaky guy, was really good in that game. His line was more or less benched in the last period due to the Bronco's lead, probably to give them rest. I don't know if that happens regularly, but he could probably rack up even more points, if so.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Can someone please explain who is Owen Tippett* and why is he in Aleksi Heponiemi thread?
*obviously i know who he is,just wanted to make a point :)

#wheresmodswhenyouneadem

---

Next Hepo's game is at Toyota Center, Tri-City Americans home arena, in Kennewick,Washington. -> next Thursday
Agreed. This is hepos thread but I’m a panthers fan and when a fan of another team is spreading nonsense I’m going to talk. But I’m so pleased that Hepo is killing it.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Agreed. This is hepos thread but I’m a panthers fan and when a fan of another team is spreading nonsense I’m going to talk. But I’m so pleased that Hepo is killing it.
a fan of another team? im a panthers fan, weirdo. and how have i been proven wrong? lol ive only been posting here a few months. hardly enough to have said something that turned out to be wrong. and by the way everything ive ever said about the panthers has been spot on. u'd do well to take notes.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
a fan of another team? im a panthers fan, weirdo. and how have i been proven wrong? lol ive only been posting here a few months. hardly enough to have said something that turned out to be wrong. and by the way everything ive ever said about the panthers has been spot on. u'd do well to take notes.
You’re not a panthers fan lol. You literally haven’t said anything right.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
ur telling me who im a fan of? interesting. whats my credit card pin? and whys my logo look like that? so bizarre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad