Byfuglien To All-Star Team

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Wheeler's merely the victim of the league's baffling insistence on making the divisions more important than the conferences. Hopefully this isn't his career year--for many reasons--and he gets another chance when they change it back.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
These must be done by the Ryman Auditorium poster group. They have made some amazing concert posters over the years. They all have this style.

image.jpg

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
What a joke.

Wheeler is 100X the player Buff is, but Buff just has the wow factor to his game. Wheeler has been the best Jet this year and better than Buff would easily include Little and Enstrom to start.

Feel so bad for Wheeler.

Instead of constantly saying that Buff is a terrible player who has fooled an entire fanbase and apparently the entire league into thinking he's an elite player with his pizazz, would you atleast for minute consider the possibility that Buff might truly be elite and deserving of all the accolades?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Byfuglien has been invited to the All Star game EVERY season he has played D and been eligible (and not injured) and has had elite results. Maybe he's really, really, really good?

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Byfuglien has been invited to the All Star game EVERY season he has played D and been eligible (and not injured) and has had elite results. Maybe he's really, really, really good?

He is good, but he's also the one Jet who's a bit of an attention-getter among average fans in the U.S. markets that the NHL is obsessed with.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
He is good, but he's also the one Jet who's a bit of an attention-getter among average fans in the U.S. markets that the NHL is obsessed with.

Ya, I mentioned something similar earlier in the thread. With tracking games for teams I get a lot of out of town advertising. Games against Jets are always advertised as "Our star player vs Jet's Byfuglien".

I was more discussing how not everyone sees how Byfuglien overall really is one of the best overall defenders in the league.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Instead of constantly saying that Buff is a terrible player who has fooled an entire fanbase and apparently the entire league into thinking he's an elite player with his pizazz, would you atleast for minute consider the possibility that Buff might truly be elite and deserving of all the accolades?

When have I said that?

Please do not put words in my mouth.

Thank you.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Byfuglien has absolutely earned his ticket to Nashville. Wheeler had too, but just like the playoff seeding format punishes teams for being in strong divisions, Wheeler was vying for one of six forward positions in a division with four of the top five scorers in the league. Captain three-cups and the token Avalanche representative meant that there's nothing he could do to get in. Oh, well. At least he doesn't seem too worked up about it.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Good to see Buff get some fishing in before the all-star game.

I found this funny!

Longley said Byfuglien was there to fish, so they didn’t badger him with hockey-related questions. "We had a good snicker about the Evander Kane (sweat suit) thing last year, but that was about it," he said.

Interesting that Hankinson was here. I wonder how close this contract might be?

Byfuglien, accompanied by his agent, Ben Hankinson, who flew in from Minneapolis, spent much of Wednesday hunkered down in a fishing hut on the west side of Lake Winnipeg near Matlock.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...while-fishing-on-Lake-Winnipeg-366937211.html

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Yea. ..he's re-signing here lol

Seems positive doesn't it?

And to Jet...Yes Wheeler is vastly better than Buff as a hockey player. Its not even remotely debatable in my opinion.

What an insult to Wheeler that he's always passed over again and now they ask him to go? After he's already made his vacation plans? LOL

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I heard John Scott say Buff was in the fastest skating comp. I'm really curious how he stacks up against some of the other guys in the NHL.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I heard John Scott say Buff was in the fastest skating comp. I'm really curious how he stacks up against some of the other guys in the NHL.

He actually does quite well in the bag skating I've seen at practice

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad