Value of: Byfield or Turcotte

Unknownbutfamous1

Oct 1, 2017
Rangers have a plethora of strengths at everything except center. Rangers need a 1st line center down the road with Zib and Strome expiring soon. I dont think its smart to sign these guys to a LT contract

Kings have a boat load of quality center prospects.

What is the value of Byfield or Turcotte ?

All players are available except Fox and Shestyrkin. The availables include Laf, Kakko, Kravtsov, Miller, Lundqvist, Schneider. It will suck to lose one of them but thats what its going to take to get a 1st line center prospect (which is vital to the Rangers).

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don’t see the point of moving any of them,
having byfield - turcotte down the middle doesn’t sound like a bad problem.

they do need a lhd if I’m not mistaken but I doubt they move byfield or turcotte for 1. I imagine they will be lookin at this draft to grab Hughes power edvisson lambos or svozil.... depending on where they land. And if not, I assume they will use that pick to trade for a lhd rather than move turcotte or byfield

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Rangers have a plethora of strengths at everything except center. Rangers need a 1st line center down the road with Zib and Strome expiring soon. I dont think its smart to sign these guys to a LT contract

All players are available except Fox and Shestyrkin. Laf, Kakko, Kravtsov, Miller, Lundqvist, Schneider are available. It will suck to lose one of them but thats what its going to take to get a 1st line center prospect (which is vital to the Rangers).
As an outsider, I wouldn’t trade K Miller for Turcotte straight up. At least not as a value play.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
just by opinion, but this thread seem an extremely unlikely scenario to me

LA has no incentive to move either guy before seeing them in pro games for a longer sample

and NYR's list of untouchables is longer than OP's,
probably most of the 6 OP themselves called out "Laf, Kakko, Kravtsov, Miller, Lundqvist, Schneider"

besides, when NYR go to fill that gap at C, I doubt its by acquiring an 18-20 year old

Last edited:

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Honestly don't see either available at this time. Check back in 2 years when we have a better idea of what kind of players they will become.

Reactions: Guitpik

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I don’t see LA moving either one unless a very good young defenceman is coming back the other way. LA had a plethora of young centres, but with Kopitar aging its best to keep as many of them around to see who can take the reins

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
"Kings have a boat load of quality center prospects."

And Rangers have plenty of D prospects.

Turcotte for Miller.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Pretty much this. If Rangers say no thanks we understand.
Yeah that’s a no from me at least. There’s a lot of D depth on the way but Miller is the only one who’s shown anything at this level yet. Moving him and banking on a handful of guys with 0 NHL games is too risky.

Reactions: bernmeister

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
"Kings have a boat load of quality center prospects."

And Rangers have plenty of D prospects.

Turcotte for Miller.

That's not how it usually works. If the Kings were willing to trade a center prospect it would more likely happen once the team is playoff competitive and looking to fill out their needs. Same goes for the Rangers.

Basically, neither team has much motivation to fill a need right now that may not be a need a year or two from now with a player that may not be ready for another year or two from now.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
If we're trading someone like Byfield a player like Laf or Kakko would have to be coming back the other way.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
As a Kings fan, it seems pretty obvious to me that Miller is worth more than a prospect in the minor leagues. We'd be ludicrously lucky to trade Turcotte for Miller. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

And he's the guy on the Rangers I'd want.

Reactions: tomd

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

All players are available except Fox and Shestyrkin. Laf, Kakko, Kravtsov, Miller, Lundqvist, Schneider are available. It will suck to lose one of them but thats what its going to take to get a 1st line center prospect (which is vital to the Rangers).

So you want one of the Kings top prospects but you have 8 untouchable players. With that many both the Kings players are untouchable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad