Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
FWIW

It wasn't that bad. Stop it. FWIW Moneypuck had the game as basically even. That trend has included wins against LA, Toronto, and Boston in which they gave up 4 goals in the 3 games.

Moneypuck factors in PP time.

So yeah in totality it wasnt that lopsided but 5v5 it was not good.

This was objectively a worse game than the one they played last night.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Moneypuck factors in PP time.

So yeah in totality it wasnt that lopsided but 5v5 it was not good.

This was objectively a worse game than the one they played last night.
But that was part of the game we just watched and it wasn't as bad as some are saying. The Rangers have a very good PP and PK and teams that have both win lots of games. People try to diminish the importance of special teams but in a parity league it's extremely important.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Anyone else starting to get a little worried about Isles drawing the flyers/caps in round 1 while NYR get Canes or devils
Last spring I wanted no part of the Devils, this season is a different story. I like the mental make up of the team this time around, coaching staff has done a great job changing the culture. I like this team's chances.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
But that was part of the game we just watched and it wasn't as bad as some are saying. The Rangers have a very good PP and PK and teams that have both win lots of games. People try to diminish the importance of special teams but in a parity league it's extremely important.

I don't think anyone is knocking the ST units.

The PK barely had to PK tonight which is why the overall numbers looked as "close" as they did. I'm not even saying that they would have lost had they needed to PK more (Rangers PK is good and Buffalo's PP blows) but they would have had racked up a larger portion of the scoring chances had they had more opps.

I think the take away from this game they were ass at ES (true) and really won on the back of being able to pot 4 goals against a team that has trouble keeping pucks out of the back of their net. That won't be every team. They won't also play as poorly as they did in this one every game either, but this was certainly a game that they didn't deserve to win (and would have probably lost had they started Quick.) I think fatigue 100% played its way into this game along with it just not being a good night for a ton of guys.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere have a dismal 39% GF% together this year.

Panarin-Chytil-Lafreniere have a 54% GF% together this year.

Again, I'm not saying it's Trocheck's fault, lines are more complicated than that, but Chytil should 1,000,000,000% go back where he was.

Trocheck can help another line that desperately needs the help.
Chytil on that line was invisible except for 2 back to back games where he had 5 assists.

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Just feels like the Rangers don't have the same sense of urgency as their opponents. Oilers and Sabres need every point they can get right now, Rangers are basically just going through the motions with the buffer they've given themselves.
Over the years, the Rangers have rarely showed that "sense of urgency" even when they needed the points.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Alcarinque

Dec 22, 2023
Ugly win.Game never should have made it to o.t.We gifted them a point
Who cares, gave Igor time to shine in OT making some amazing saves and giving the crowd and fans some nice moments and the OT goal was much more exciting than winning in regulation, idk what you're talking about. They also played the Oilers yesterday in a rough game for 2 periods before getting dominated.

Reactions: TominNC

effen

Feb 3, 2018
The good news: the solution to their struggles of late is for them to simply decide to get physically engaged and follow through.

The bad news: the solution to their struggles of late is for them to simply decide to get physically engaged and follow through and they dun really wanna.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

The PP doesn't count bro is 2023 version of goaltending doesn't count bro from a decade ago.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I don't think anyone is knocking the ST units.

The PK barely had to PK tonight which is why the overall numbers looked as "close" as they did. I'm not even saying that they would have lost had they needed to PK more (Rangers PK is good and Buffalo's PP blows) but they would have had racked up a larger portion of the scoring chances had they had more opps.

I think the take away from this game they were ass at ES (true) and really won on the back of being able to pot 4 goals against a team that has trouble keeping pucks out of the back of their net. That won't be every team. They won't also play as poorly as they did in this one every game either, but this was certainly a game that they didn't deserve to win (and would have probably lost had they started Quick.) I think fatigue 100% played its way into this game along with it just not being a good night for a ton of guys.
They got those PP's because they worked for them so I'm not going to apologize for the 4 to 1 PP advantage and the fact the Rangers have a good one which creates chances. It's still an important part of the game which is my point. Some here analyze every fing game like it's the end of the world. You take the points and move on. The team is 23-8-1 and has the best winning % and least amount of losses in the league.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
It's a bad look for the league when the best team in the league 30 games in has *checks notes* every player suck.

i agree, id rather see everyone in here put on their blindfolds and pom poms and pretend we dont have serious issues with this defensive corps on this team and then be all surprised when we get freight trained in the playoffs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad