Post-Game Talk: Bye Son

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
The only main issue I've seen this season for the most part is that when they sometimes allow a goal, it sometimes leads to them giving up like 2-3-4 goals in like a few consecutive minutes straight. It's like a meltdown.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Can’t say I agree with the takes saying we should trade 2 defenseman under the age of 24. Crazy overreaction to a couple rough games and people need to realize we have nothing in the pipeline behind them

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Can’t say I agree with the takes saying we should trade 2 defenseman under the age of 24. Crazy overreaction to a couple rough games and people need to realize we have nothing in the pipeline behind them
All of this is reasonable but we're a win-now team and Miller really needs to get his shit together.

It's not just a couple of games. Miller hasn't really been effective since halfway through last season.

If anything, you could rightly say Lindgren is just having a rough go and was previously part of a phenomenal pair.

Take out Miller's fantastic 2021-22 season and this is closer to what he's been in the NHL more games than not.

At the very least, the Rangers should try him on a different pair. We're letting that 30 games in 2022 where Miller was Larry Robinson trick us into thinking they're an unbreakable duo.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
All of this is reasonable but we're a win-now team and Miller really needs to get his shit together.

It's not just a couple of games. Miller hasn't really been effective since halfway through last season.

If anything, you could rightly say Lindgren is just having a rough go and was previously part of a phenomenal pair.

Take out Miller's fantastic 2021-22 season and this is closer to what he's been in the NHL more games than not.

At the very least, the Rangers should try him on a different pair. We're letting that 30 games in 2022 where Miller was Larry Robinson trick us into thinking they're an unbreakable duo.

Miller still plays too soft. I don’t have any major complaints about him beyond that. Laviolette plays that pair against the top guys. They’re never going to be perfect.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Miller still plays too soft. I don’t have any major complaints about him beyond that. Laviolette plays that pair against the top guys. They’re never going to be perfect.
Maybe he shouldn't. Maybe it shouldn't be a thing at all.

They both handle the puck like a drunk corpse trying to push a boulder uphill.

I remember people talking about how Miller was a converted forward and needed to learn the defensive side of the game.

This guy was a f***ing forward?????

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

I remember people talking about how Miller was a converted forward and needed to learn the defensive side of the game.

Maybe he wouldn’t if “Mike Weaver with less spatial awareness” wasnt attached at the hip with Fox. I’ve been saying since last season that Miller/Fox is the answer. Miller is a defensive defenseman, not sure why he’s looked at for offense

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Maybe he wouldn’t if “Mike Weaver with less spatial awareness” wasnt attached at the hip with Fox. I’ve been saying since last season that Miller/Fox is the answer. Miller is a defensive defenseman, not sure why he’s looked at for offense
This I agree with.

Miller has a little bit of Brady Skjei Disease. Could be a very good shutdown guy, thinks he's good at offense, is not.

He puts up some points but his play in the neutral zone makes me want to kick adorable woodland creatures.

People talked about how he would defer if we put him with Fox and play less offense. Thank f***ing God.

His actual defensive play is good. He causes trouble with his fumbling of the puck.

I can see why he stopped being a forward.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg

after the game there was that piece with Miller and Michelle pumping the former's tires by him going thru his 'highlight reel' moments from the last season. I've been watching it lazily, then just lost interest, because what would really make an interesting show for me is him going thru his mistakes this season and what he has learned from it. Maybe it's just something weird to ask, I dunno, defo not something a team production would do (unfortunately) I think. But I think that would've been a hell of an interesting watch.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
1703401893534.png

Metro supplies the weirdest sh*t this season.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
My opinion started at "Miller could work on some things" and is rapidly backpedaling towards "Miller sucks."

He's about ten games away from being a sell-high candidate to me.
That blown tire was really bad. I told my wife it was about to be a goal against.

There is no way that his "net" is that bad, though.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Anyone else starting to get a little worried about Isles drawing the flyers/caps in round 1 while NYR get Canes or devils
IDGAF - unlike years past I feel like it's all in our hands alone against anyone in the league. crybaby canes, dogshit devils, loser leafs, [sometimes] bad bruins and on, if we're healthy and play heavy, defensive hockey we're a f***ing nightmare for everyone else, especially if we've got Igor dialed in again.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Oh and Merry Christmas or happy time off to everyone. For the first time in a long time we've got no one over at our house so the gun dogs can be inside with us. I'm going to rip meat off the turkey with my greasy hands and throw it to them on the floor and let them play fight over it while wearing pjs for 6 days straight and morning drinking everyday. It's 8:12 in the morning here in England and I've just added a shot to my coffee. Best. Christmas. Ever.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
If Kakko and Chytil come back and we still have these issues then I’ll worry more. We still have two goalies that are tough to beat in a 7 game series. I’d let Edstrom get more time while they are out and let Schneider play through his mistakes.

I’d love to play around with the D pairings but that won’t happen.
Miller-Fox
Gus-Trouba
Lindgren-Schneider

Gives Gus room for offense while Lindgren helps out Schneider.

Reactions: maris and tlk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad